Enchantments Comments

Viewing: 1-17 of 17
Derek Franzen

Derek Franzen - Feb 20, 2006 5:40 pm - Voted 10/10

Images

Hello Dean, I look forward to your additions. I hope you don't mind if I post a couple of images to your page.

-Derek

Dean

Dean - Feb 21, 2006 2:48 pm - Hasn't voted

re: images

Hi Derek. Please do post your pics. I'll get this page off the ground ASAP so it shouldn't be much longer before it takes shape.
What a great area.

cp0915

cp0915 - Apr 6, 2006 8:09 pm - Voted 10/10

Fantastic!

Already a very fine job.

Dean

Dean - Apr 6, 2006 8:46 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Fantastic!

Thanks Courtney, I appreciate your comments. This will continue as a work in progress ...much more to add...

mvs

mvs - May 4, 2006 12:03 pm - Voted 10/10

Smashing page

I grumbled about the permits too. It's good to be reminded why it is needed by someone who was there when it was way too crowded. Good luck on the "death march" again!
--Michael

Dean

Dean - May 4, 2006 3:41 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Smashing page

Thanks for your comments. Yeah, the permit system sucks but what alternative was there. My biggest concern at the moment is when I was at the Leavenworth Ranger station last year, one of the staff mentioned to me that due to cuts in their budget, a ranger or staffer position might be eliminated (the one who does the permits) and that the permits might be turned over to an outside agency that would administer the system. That would be bad as it would eliminate the 25% that are held as first come first served. Everything would be done by phone or mail. I'm afraid that it will eventually come to that and eliminate the spontaneous aspect of showing up at the ranger station in the hopes you could get one of the first come first served permits or participate in the lottery which at least gives you a chance for a permit.

Dean

Dean - Jun 28, 2006 1:13 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Impressive page!

Thank you for your nice comments. It is a truly special area and very beautiful.

osatrik

osatrik - Aug 26, 2006 5:43 am - Voted 10/10

Give Fred His Due!

Another "Becky" here, Dean. Same deal on the score!

Dean

Dean - Aug 26, 2006 2:38 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Give Fred His Due!

Becky is now Beckey, as it should be. Thanks for the heads up.

Eric Sandbo

Eric Sandbo - Jan 3, 2007 6:51 pm - Voted 10/10

Excellent page!

The Enchantments deserve a beautiful, comprehensive write-up, and you've provided it.

Dean

Dean - Jan 3, 2007 11:01 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Excellent page!

Thanks Eric, your comments are appreciated. I still have work to do on the page and I will keep adding to it as time permits.

tboley - Jun 7, 2007 8:51 pm - Hasn't voted

help with names?

I am trying to get the titles correct for some images I made decades ago in the beautiful Enchantments. I'm pretty sure this is Leprechaun Lake-
http://tylerboley.com/FineArtPhotography/landscapes/pages/13_13.html
Can anyone verify for me?
Thanks so much,
Tyler

Dean

Dean - Jun 7, 2007 10:03 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: help with names?

I believe that is Leprechaun all right. Nice photo Tyler. Glad you got to visit the area.

tboley - Jun 7, 2007 11:00 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: help with names?

Thanks Dean, big help. I have many others from that trip in 1980 yet to be scanned and printed. It was my second time there, the first time was with family much younger, and any photos are awful.
This 1980 trip was in early October and we were there many days, had some initial snowfall but still had larch color. Those were the days you could go there off season and be pretty much alone, people would spread out and keep to themselves if there at all.
I'm so glad I experienced this amazing place in such quiet and solitude. I hauled up a small view camera... young and overly ambitious.
Thanks again,
Tyler

Dean

Dean - Nov 24, 2007 9:00 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: very enchanting, slight blip

Fixed. Thanks for the heads up and for the vote.

nartreb

nartreb - Aug 3, 2011 5:17 pm - Hasn't voted

fee area map

On the USFS website:
permit zones map
(If I were you I'd upload a copy to SP. Being a federal gov't work, the map is not subject to copyright.)

Your page seems to cover not just Enchantment Basin but the whole permit area, which seems to roughly coincide with the north side of the Stuart Range. Can you work the name Stuart Range into the title of this page, and/or start your page with a clear definition of the area your page will cover? (You may want to collaborate with this guy.)

Sawtooth Scott

Sawtooth Scott - Jun 27, 2014 12:01 am - Voted 10/10

Visiting soon

Thanks for the great beta. I will be making my first trip into the Enchantments in July as a friend of mine who now lives in Seattle won a permit. I am very excited to experience that which your page describes. Your efforts in creating a useful page have helped a great deal in our trip planning. Many thanks.

Viewing: 1-17 of 17
Return to 'Enchantments' main page