Engineer Mountain - April 2009

Engineer Mountain - April 2009

Page Type Page Type: Trip Report
Location Lat/Lon: 37.69920°N / 107.8064°W
Date Date Climbed/Hiked: Apr 26, 2009
Activities Activities: Mountaineering
Seasons Season: Spring
Coming up from Phoenix for a weeklong solar class in Paonia took me through the beautiful San Juans. Deciding it would be a shame not to climb something I decided on Engineer because it was relatively close to the plowed roads and it was just such a nice looking mountain.

The approach was straightforward. Park at Coal Banks pass and ascend to the west up through the trees.

Engineer















When I got my first good look at the mountain it was shrouded in clouds. The weather changes so rapidly, on the drive up it was clear about 1 hour earlier.

Engineer




















It was nice being in mountains like this after just being in Phoenix the day before sitting in my pool in 80 degree weater.

Engineer




















The ridgeline was exposed both sides. A few icy rocky scrambles too. My thoughts were on not falling.

Engineer


















The clouds broke and there were nice views with the sun shining on me and the frozen rocks at the summit.

Engineer


Engineer


































Descent down the ridgeline.

Engineer

































When I got down the clouds were broke up revealing Engineer. Route in red. 2 1/2 hours up and 1 1/2 down.

Engineer


Fun morning.















Comments

No comments posted yet.



Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

Engineer MountainTrip Reports