Fellhorn Comments

Viewing: 1-7 of 7
Lukas Kunze

Lukas Kunze - Sep 6, 2009 2:04 pm - Voted 10/10

Nice initial page

Maybe you can add an overview of the popular routes (trailhead and general route) and some information about weather conditions or webcams. I' ll raise my vote after some improvements. If you like to use the summit panorama I' ve added to the images, just write me and I' ll send you the HTML code to view it or copy it from the image page.

Cheers from Munich
Lukas

nattfodd

nattfodd - Sep 7, 2009 2:28 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Nice initial page

Thanks Lukas, I added links as you suggested, as well as your panorama. However, I was there only once and I do not live nearby, so I don't have much information on the popular routes. If you know more, I would be glad to add anything you write, or even give you edit rights on the page.

Cheers.

Lukas Kunze

Lukas Kunze - Sep 7, 2009 12:31 pm - Voted 10/10

Re: Nice initial page

I' ll send you some information within the next few weeks about the popular routes to Fellhorn. Cheers Lukas

Lukas Kunze

Lukas Kunze - Oct 18, 2009 4:31 am - Voted 10/10

Re: Nice initial page

Sorry, it took a little bit longer. Here some information about the most popular routes to Fellhorn.

There are three major routes to Fellhorn.

  • From Riezlern
    Starting at the valley station of the Kanzelwandbahn a trail leads up the geological nature trail leads up to the top station (1949m). From there a trail follows the grassy ridge to Fellhorn starting at Gundsattel.
  • From Faistenoy
    Starting at the valley station of the Fellhornbahn trail #443 leads up to the Kanzelwandhaus (1548m). From there you have several possibilites up to Gundsattel of directly up to the summit.
  • From Söllereck
    A long ridge hike starting at the valley or top station of the Söllereckbahn. The trail leads all along the ridge up to Fellhorn with several minor peaks (Söllereck, Söllerkopf and Schlappoltkopf).
All trailheads are reachable from Oberstdorf by car or either the bus to Faistenoy or Baad (Kleinwalsertal).

nattfodd

nattfodd - Oct 18, 2009 3:44 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Nice initial page

Thanks very much, I have added your information!

Mathias Zehring

Mathias Zehring - Sep 14, 2009 10:38 am - Voted 10/10

flowers

nicely done - concerning the information you have! It should be mentioned in the overview that Fellhorn is well known for its rich variaty of flowers as being the "flower mountain of the Algaeu Alps". So esp. in early summer it is worth a visit.

nattfodd

nattfodd - Sep 16, 2009 4:20 am - Hasn't voted

Re: flowers

Thanks, I have added that information to the page.

Viewing: 1-7 of 7
Return to 'Fellhorn' main page