Fisher Ridge Comments

Viewing: 1-3 of 3
hgrapid

hgrapid - Jul 22, 2004 1:01 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Highpoints are different because they have some significance since many people are chasing those summits, and visiting them. However, it seems that you have a added some legitimate mountain trails.



TWO SUGGESTIONS:

1. Give a trail distance for the longer hike, the one that takes half a day.



2. Get a "color" photo of the Fisher Ridge rising up.



I guess what you are doing with Pennsylvania is putting up mountains that actually have views. There are a lot of pretty mountains in Pennsylvania, but most of them are probably prettier from the road, than from the summit. I drove up to my friends place near Lewisburg or Lewistown...(I always get those two mixed up), but it was up 522, and there were some very pretty, and high, mountains near Richfield. I guess, as long as they have views from the trail, and they are designated hiking areas, they are legitimate. Remember that most SPers live far away from Pennsylvania, and will ignore your pages as a result, but hopefully we will get more PA people to join SP with you. Thanks for the additions.

Gangolf Haub

Gangolf Haub - Jul 23, 2004 2:25 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Good and informative effort. In addition what Dan wrote: most mountains have better views from the bottom than from the top - only if there are other great summits nearby this changes (or any other great scenery)

mtwashingtonmonroe

mtwashingtonmonroe - Apr 9, 2005 3:04 pm - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!

Viewing: 1-3 of 3
Return to 'Fisher Ridge' main page