Fleischbank Comments

Viewing: 1-2 of 2
Gangolf Haub

Gangolf Haub - May 20, 2007 10:29 am - Voted 10/10

Yes!

Without Fleischbank SP wouldn't be complete! II'm happy you put it up. I know the page is still under construction but I have one or two comments already. You say: "Fleischbank is an important summit containing a vast ocean of steep rock on the west side of the Steinere Rinne." - But apart from the few SPers who actually read our Kaiser page and the ones who have been there - nobody knows what a "steinerne Rinne" is. Maybe a link to the range page would do but Id suggest to add two or three sentences about the geography of the Kaiser.

Not sure if you want to add more speciifics about climbing the wall. You could use this link with all (?) routes in the area: http://www.stadler-markus.de/files/alpinklettern/kaiserrouten/fleischbank.htm .
I had a look at my Kaiser guidebooks - it seems to be evident that Dülfer used ropes for traversing in the lower pitches of the route. But you are correct that nobody knows exactly how much they aided as the only information are three or four lines in their entry to the summit log.

Good TR, btw ;-)

mvs

mvs - May 20, 2007 4:13 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Yes!

Hey thanks for your constructive comments! I will follow up. We actually tried to climb the Dülfer route yesterday, but we had some trouble, including a stream of water running across the VI- traverse pitch. Up till there it was fantastic though...have to try again later!

Viewing: 1-2 of 2
Return to 'Fleischbank' main page