French Reality, V 145m, WI 6+

French Reality, V 145m, WI 6+

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 51.16987°N / 116.0533°W
Additional Information Route Type: Mixed
Seasons Season: Winter
Additional Information Time Required: Most of a day
Additional Information Rock Difficulty: 5.8 (YDS)
Additional Information Difficulty: WI 6+
Additional Information Number of Pitches: 4
Additional Information Grade: V
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

French reality is the right most route.
The route is one of the classic traditional mixed routes in the Rockies.
Expect hard, steep, engaging mixed climbing on this wild route.

Getting There

From the top of the switch backs cut right. Climb up the slope to the right of the trees to reach a ledge that traverses left to the route above said trees. Traverse the exposed, avalanche prone ledge to the route, some bolts can be clipped along the way.

Route Description

The first two pitches can be pure rock or ice and anything between. The rock is 5.8, if iced up it is about 4+ and often run out. The third pitch is often 5+ and the fourth is 6+. Have fun on this classic.
French Reality


Essential Gear

Bring cams, stoppers, and ice screws to protect this classic traditional testpiece. Bring cordellette to rap the route.

The anchor a top pitch one in thin ice conditions.
The Anchor of French Reality

External Links

Add External Links text here.

Climbing the route.

Climbing French Reality


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.