From Beaver Run Resort

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 39.47270°N / 106.1023°W
Additional Information Route Type: Class I
Additional Information Time Required: Most of a day
Additional Information Difficulty: walk-up
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach

See "Getting There".

Route Description

NOTES:
The easiest way to reach Vista Haus is to follow the “Colorado” chair lift (see “Getting There”). The route described below is slightly longer.

ROUTE:
Trailhead Elevation: 9700 ft
One way Distance per my GPS: 3.25 miles

Follow the “Select 10 Trail” on the north side of Building #4 of Beaver Run Resort in a small strip of forest until the trail turns left and goes behind (the west side of) Building #4. If you go straight, you will reach the “Beaver Run” chair lift. Turn right and follow the trail until it crosses a street. After that the trail reaches the southeast end of a pond/reservoir.

Go around the pond and follow the trail on the northwest end of the pond where you cross a stream and reach the “Snowflake” chair lift. If you continue straight a short distance up a hill, you will reach a dirt road/ski run.

Turn left and go up the dirt road. It soon reaches the snowflake chair lift again. Hike up under the lift to near the end of it at 10350 ft where you can turn left onto another dirt road/ski run. Follow this road up past the top of chair lift #5 (10650 ft) to reach the Vista Haus Restaurant at 11200 ft.

On the left/south side of Vista Haus find another ski run and follow it up past the treeline to reach the top of a T-bar lift at 12050 ft. You are now at the base of Peak 8’s southeast ridge. Follow this ridgeline to the top.

Essential Gear

Good hiking boots.

Miscellaneous Info

If you have information about this route that doesn't pertain to any of the other sections, please add it here.
Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

Peak 8Routes