From Col des Annes (normal route)

From Col des Annes (normal route)

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 45.95580°N / 6.55600°E
Additional Information Route Type: Hike
Additional Information Time Required: A long day
Additional Information Difficulty: Walk-up
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach


Start point is Col des Annes.

You can reach the Annes collar from Le Grand Bornand :
- from Bonneville D 12 over Saint Pierre en Faucigny, Le Petit Bornand. Turn before Saint Jean de Sixt on the left to Le Grand Bornand
- from Annecy, N 509 to Veyrier du Lac (east border of Annecy Lake), Thônes, Saint Jean de Sixt, Le Grand Bornand.

In Le Grand Bornand turn right and follow the Borne valley. At Les Plans, take the little road on the left to La Duche and Annes collar (1722 m).

Col des Annes can also be reeched from Le Reposoir.


Route Description


From the Annes collar, climb in south-eastern direction the Tête des Annes and walk down to the Oulettaz collar. You cross then a Lapiaz desert and reach the Gramusset hut.

From Gramusset hut, you must climb to Verts collar. The start of the path is not well marked. Follow the cairns. the last meters are very slippery.

On the crest, the view is outstanding : on the east Comboux, Sallanches and Saint-Gervais and in the back the Mont Blanc chain. In the south, the Vanoise and the first mountains of Oisans. On the extension of the Aravis crest : Pointe des Verts, Pointe de Chombaz and Mont Charvet and on the other side Roc de Charmieux, Roc des Tours and Pic de Jallouvre.


Essential Gear


no gear is necessary


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.