From La Pinilla Ski Resort, Normal

From La Pinilla Ski Resort, Normal

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 41.18460°N / 3.4649°W
Additional Information Route Type: Hike
Additional Information Time Required: Half a day
Additional Information Difficulty: F
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach


See "Getting There" in the MAIN PAGE to get the base of the climb, La Pinilla Ski Resort (1,500 m).

Route Description


From the buildings of La Pinilla follow the trail forest (it starts near a reservoir) along some zigzags gaining 530 m over the ski resort up to Point 2,030 m. From this place, situated near the col between Cerro del Aventadero and Las Peñuelas, follow "From Puerto de la Quesera, Normal" route / "Route Description".

Essential Gear


Crampons and ice axe could be necessary in some days from November-December to February-March. Also wear warm clothes and mask when blizzard. Do not forget your map and compass in that period. A water source is located near Point 2,030 m on the NW face of Las Peñuelas. But this drinking fountain could be dry in Summer so carry 1-1.5 liters of water a head.


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.