Jerebica from Moznica valley

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 46.39880°N / 13.56310°E
Additional Information Route Type: Hiking, Mountaineering, Scrambling
Seasons Season: Summer, Fall
Additional Information Time Required: Most of a day
Additional Information Difficulty: Walk-up
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach

Trailhead is at the end of the road in Možnica valley, but we must walk till there from the main road, because the road in Možnica is closed for public traffic. See the parent page!

Route Description

See full screen

From the end of road the marked path proceeds north of the creek bed, then it turns right (take care not to miss!), ascending over steep rocks. In this short part the route is a bit exposed and protected.

Higher it proceeds over steep woods, finally reaching a clearing, where a path to a hunters' hut deters. Take care not to miss the path in high grass! So, we continue up, still steep, although without serious problem, keeping left towards the walls of Snežni vrh. Then with a traverse we reach Jezersko sedlo (saddle), 1720 m, an important point on the main ridge.

The whole group of Viš and Montaž rises before us. Here the route turns towards the east, following the main crest, but avoiding all its peaks on the northern, Italian side. So the path reaches the summit slope of Jerebica and in a good quarter of hour the summit.

From Možnica valley it's some 5 hours. Although marked, the route requires an experienced mountaineer.

How demanding the tour is?

0. General: 760 m to 2125 m, exposition SW, marked, protected grassy and rocky route. Gear: good shoes, poles, no water source on the route. Overall difficulty on the Swiss Hiking Scale would be T4/T3.
1. Effort: 1400 m, 5 h
2. Power: 2 – easy,
3. Psyche: 2 – easy,
4. Orientation: 3 – medium.



Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.