From Nerín, Normal

From Nerín, Normal

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 42.68900°N / 0.01600°E
Additional Information Route Type: Hike / Scramble
Additional Information Time Required: One to two days
Additional Information Difficulty: PD, 30-35º
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach

The approach is by car up to the barrier (1.355 m) placed across the forest trail that comes from Nerín (Valle de Vió, Huesca). There are 2 options then:

1. Hike along the forest trail 7 Km up to Cuello Arenas (1.894 m) and option 2.

2. Take the path (NW-N) at the water tank and soon leave to the right the trail that leads to Mondoto (1.962 m). Our path goes NW wards crossing the forest trail (1.620 m aprox) and Barranco (creek) d'a Fueba, then joins the forest trail again at 1.725 m aprox. Just after passing a bridge over Barranco Caldaruelo take the path (NE) to Cuello Arenas (1.894 m), where both trails join (2 h). Cross another barrier to the right and follow the track (N) passing Casa del Puerto to the right. Hike (N-NW) along meadows to Fuente (water source) de las Trubiasas (2.085 m aprox). Push forward NW wards to Cuello Gordo (2.188 m) 3 h 15 min, where we can see Cañón de Ordesa. Then the trail turns right traversing the NW slope of Sierra Custodia. Cross Barranco Arracones and ascent slightly (NW) to Refugio de Góriz (2.160 m) 4 h 30 min.

Route Description

See Route Description of the Corredor del Lago Helado - Normal Route.

Essential Gear

Warm clothes, crampons and ice axe are necessary early in the season. Take also a map, compass, altimeter and some liters of water (late summer).


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.