From Sar Chal

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 36.40920°N / 50.96000°E
Additional Information Route Type: Hike
Additional Information Time Required: One to two days
Additional Information Difficulty: Walk-up
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach


See "Getting There".

Route Description


NOTE:
I climbed Rostam Nisht Peak as part of an 8 day trekking tour of the Takhte Soleyman Massif. I have not hiked the distance from Vandar Bon Village to Sar Chal Shelter. This distance, however is the main access route into the Takhte Soleyman Massif. It apparently has a signed and well-established trail.


ROUTE:
From Roodbarak Village (elevation 1400 m) hike or drive a dirt road (passable by most/any car) 10 km to the Vandar Bon Village (2300 m). Follow the trail by the Barir drainage to Sar Chal Shelter (3750 m, said to be a 4 hour hike).

Go up the fairly steep slopes directly above the Sar Chal Shelter to reach a 4203 m saddle between the 4237 m Sar Esped Peak to the northeast and a rounded knob to the southwest. Turn southwest and follow the gentle ridge-top to or near the top of the knob where the small plateau (see main page) appears. You can then follow any path up the plateau to the top of Rostam Nisht Peak. (Sar Chal Shelter to Rostam Nisht Peak is a 3 hour hike).

Essential Gear


In summer, nothing more than camping gear and good hiking boots.

Miscellaneous Info


If you have information about this route that doesn't pertain to any of the other sections, please add it here.
Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.