From the Rif. Corsi (hut) - east approach

From the Rif. Corsi (hut) - east approach

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 46.43738°N / 13.51593°E
Additional Information Route Type: Hiking, Mountaineering, Scrambling, Via Ferrata
Seasons Season: Summer, Fall
Additional Information Time Required: Most of a day
Additional Information Difficulty: An easy ferrata and scrambling over steep grassy slopes.
Sign the Climber's Log

Getting There

The starting point is Rif. Corsi (hut), 1874m.

A self-made map of Vis an its...Kostrunove spice / Cime Castrein and its routes.

It can be reached by marked paths in 3 hours from Val Rio del Lago or from Sella Nevea (saddle). Besides this shortest approach the hut (and afterwards the summit of Jof Fuart / Vis) can be reached also from other valleys in Jof Fuart / Vis subgroup:
- From Riobianco / Beli potok valley ( there's Rif. Brunner and Gorizia bivouac) over the Forcella del Vallone (notch), 2180m.
- From Riofredo / Mrzli potok valley over the Riofredo notch, 2240m.
- From Saissera / Zajzera (there's Mazzeni bivouac) over the Forcella Lavinal dell Orso / Skrbina sprednje Spranje, 2138m, or over the Forcella Mose / Skrbina zadnje Spranje, 2271m.
- From Altipiano del Montasio (there's Rif. Brazza).

The most people take the approach from Val Rio del Lago. You park on the parking place in the forest and then continue over the macadam road which is closed for public traffic. Soon you reach the meadow Malga Grantagar, 1530m. From the meadow you follow the signposts for Rif. Corsi and you reach the hut through the forest and some small grassy slopes.

Route Description

Walking down the airy steps.Descending over the airy steps.

From the hut you follow the signposts over the wide path that goes in the north direction. First route goes to the notch Forcella Mose, 2271m and we follow it. We ascent over the steep slope (grassy and rocky) below the upper south face of Vis. In the nice switchbacks we reach the notch Forcella Mose. To the north we can look in the dark Mojzes`s couloir. Here is the crossing with ferrata Anita Goitan.

We continue over the ferrata in the west direction over the steep grassy and rocky slopes. Just above the notch we have some secured parts (an iron cable) of climbing. Then the marked route nicely reach the south ridge of Cime Castrein / Kostrunove spice, 2502m.

From here ferrata continues to the west to the notch Forcella Lavinal dell Orso / Skrbina sprednje Spranje, 2138m. But we start ascending over the south ridge in the north direction. We follow old military paths and somewhere it is a bit airy. We walk over some ledges, climb some short rocks and then we come to the steep airy steps. They are strewed with small rocks so be careful. Over the steps we reach the big bunker with long tunnel. Just above the bunker (on the right side) we climb to the summit of Kostrunove spice. Some parts are climbing around UIAA I.

We descend by the same route to ferrata Anita Goitan and then we decide where we will continue over trip.

From the Rif. Corsi to the top is around two hours.

Essential Gear

Good hiking shoes and helmet. Also rope for not good climbers.

External Links

Add External Links text here.

Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.