From the valley Zajezera / Saissera - west approach

From the valley Zajezera / Saissera - west approach

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 46.43738°N / 13.51593°E
Additional Information Route Type: Hiking, Mountaineering, Scrambling, Via Ferrata
Seasons Season: Summer, Fall
Additional Information Time Required: A long day
Additional Information Difficulty: Scramling and easy parts of ferrata
Sign the Climber's Log

Getting There

You deter from the highway some seven kilometers west of Tarvisio and drive south into the Valbruna (Zajzera) valley. The road ends on an alpine meadow on the altitude of 1000 m.
A self-made map of Vis an its...Kostrunove spice / Cime Castrein and its routes.


Route Description

The main summit of Cime Castrein / Kostrunove spice.The main summit and steep steps.

From the parking place we follow the signposts for the route number 616 and we follow that route all time to the bivouac Biv. D. Mazzeni (1630m). Before we come to the bivouac we walk through the forest. From the bivouac we can enjoy in the amazing view on surrounding faces of the mountains of Vis and Montaz group.

From the bivouac we continue in the south direction. Here the route 616 goes to the Monte Nabois Grande / Veliki Nabojs. Now we must follow the marked route number 626 to the notch Forcella Lavinal dell Orso / Skrbina sprednje Spranje, 2138m. We ascend over the steepp scree and we come to the start of the steep ravine that falls from the notch. In the early season we will need the crampons and ice axe.

From the notch we follow the signpostst for the ferrata Anita Goitan in the east direction and over the steep grassy and rocky slopes we reach the south ridge of Cime Castrein / Kostrunove spice. It is very slippery in wetness.

From here ferrata continues to the east to the notch Forc. Mose, 2271m. But we start ascending over the south ridge in the north direction. We follow old military paths and somewhere it is a bit airy. We walk over some ledges, climb some short rocks and then we come to the steep airy steps. They are strewed with small rocks so be careful. Over the steps we reach the big bunker with long tunnel. Just above the bunker (on the right side) we climb to the summit of Kostrunove spice. Some parts are climbing around UIAA I.

We descend by the same route to ferrata Anita Goitan and then we decide where we will continue over trip.

If we want to come back to Valbruna (Zajzera) valley we descend by the same route.


This is also a medium hard ordinary ski tour to the notch. Forward to the summit from the notch it is an alpinistic ski tour. But be careful on avalanches.

Essential Gear

Good hiking shoes, rope for not good climbers, helmet and in early season crampons and ice axe for the ravine.

External Links

Add External Links text here.

Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.