Fuji Mountain Climber's Log

Viewing: 1-8 of 8
Brian Jenkins

Brian Jenkins - Jul 20, 2014 2:15 am Date Climbed: Jul 19, 2014

Buggy  Sucess!

Not sure why I come to this area in July but I did, and it was buggier than shite again. At one point, I inhaled a mosquito and snorted it back out. Did the route from road 5897 so got the full 11.2 miles in. With my dog, Luna, who was snatching flies out of the air. 3 hrs up, 2:15 down. Great views from Hood to Thielsen. Pretty hot though. Had a good stout in Oakridge at the Local Union 180 pub (or something like that). Was going to camp and do Maiden Peak the next day but figured one day being harassed by mosquitoes is enough and headed back to Portland.

greglief

greglief - Jul 29, 2013 5:48 pm Date Climbed: Jul 28, 2013

First visit to Fuji Mountain   Sucess!

Outstanding views... from Mount Hood to Diamond Peak. We could also see Marys Peak in the distance to the west. Well worth the effort!

FarNorCal

FarNorCal - Feb 25, 2010 12:14 am

Long ago  Sucess!

Did this hike in '92 while scouting for Fall hunting grounds. Was very surprised when a small black bear came onto the trail approx. 20' in front of me and we just looked at each other for a good minute before he casually walked away.

Dennis Poulin

Dennis Poulin - Oct 25, 2009 6:03 pm Date Climbed: Oct 24, 2009

Eagle Creek Trail  Sucess!

Beautiful access road, beautiful trail, fantastic views on a gorgeous day.

Kate

Kate - May 24, 2006 8:39 pm

Route Climbed: Fuji Mountain Trail  Sucess!

Great hike - one of my first summits in Oregon. Gorgeous views of Diamond and the Sisters.

cascadetraveler

cascadetraveler - Oct 22, 2005 9:36 pm

Route Climbed: upper trail head/eagle creek Date Climbed: october22nd 2005  Sucess!

I chose to access the fuji mt trail from road 5583/eagle creek road. Take this road to within 100 yards of it's end there is a trail head here. this is accesible from state hwy 58. this variation is only three miles rountrip. I had a short window of opportunity before nightfall. It is great access to a gourgeous area. one of the best veiws of the salmon creek/black creek drainage. Waldo lake is stunning as well as diamond peak......Larry.

alexr

alexr - Aug 4, 2005 5:13 pm

Route Climbed: fuji mountain trail/ NFD 383 Date Climbed: febuary/12/05

Deffinatly a hard hike in the winter espetially if you dont have snow shoes. We had to hike 3 miles in on one of the national forest roads just to get to the trail. We only made it another mile before there was too much snow to hike in we did get some good veiws of diamond peak though.

cmc56789

cmc56789 - Apr 28, 2003 12:19 am

Route Climbed: Fuji Mountain Trail Date Climbed: Early March, 2003 and June 21, 2004  Sucess!

March, 2003 - pretty long day on snowshoes from waldo lake sno-park. lost the trail near the summit and had to bushwack to the top. it snowed almost the whole day, which resulted in no views. I did not see a single person or any signs that anyone else had been there recently.



June, 2004 - I took the easy trail up this time. The trail is completely snow covered still. I had great views of the Waldo Lake/Willamette pass area and the cascades from Hood to Thielsen except North Sister which was blocked by Middle Sister. On the way to the trail head I passed Search and Rescue, who were looking for a missing hiker. This made me a little nervous when i lost the path myself on the way back.

Viewing: 1-8 of 8
Return to 'Fuji Mountain' main page