Page Type Page Type: Trip Report
Date Date Climbed/Hiked: Oct 2, 2005
Activities Activities: Hiking
Seasons Season: Fall

Introduction

Gahar-beside the biolab
Gahar-Sunset


Gahar is located beside the Oshtorankouh massif in Zagross range in the province of Lorestan.
It is 2360m above the sea level,1700m long and 500m wide. Depth of the lake is 28m maximum.
The area is one of the few ones in Iran that has been under good protection lately so the enviroment and flora look almost virgin.

Getting there

Gahar


You can start hiking to Gahar from either Aligudarz town or dorud town.We started from dorud,went to Cheshmehkhorram from dorud and started our hiking from there.
The route is really amazing and takes about 4 hours to get to the lake with heavy backpacks.

When to climb

Gahar Fall Flora


We decided mid fall because we wanted to be alone. It was a great experince for us but I would suggest going to Gahar between mid spring and end of summer.The weather is better during this time and also the flora is all fresh.Also there will be more safety from wild animals and more touristic services,rental equipment,etc.And sometimes in fall there is not permissin to enter the area.

Fishing

Gahar-The Mirror
The Boat


You will enjoy Gahar if you like nature.You will always talk about Gahar in your whole life if you enjoy fishing!
None of us liked fishing but we all enjoyed watching the fishes dancing arround our feet. I will never forget that!
The sun was rising and we were sitting beside the lake putting our feet in the water,watching the fishes. wow!

Comments

No comments posted yet.