Gilgit Skardu Road

Gilgit Skardu Road

Page Type Page Type: Album
Additional Information Image Type(s): Informational
Gilgit-Skardu road is very important from the tourist and also strategic point of view.This road constructed by Pakistan Army Engineers with association of Chinese Engineers.The truck-able link between Gilgit and Skardu was completed in 1982.
The distance between Gilgit and Skardu is 245 kms (approximately 5 hours on Jeep or Car).
Gilgit and Baltistan are the two major tourism, trekking and expedition hubs in Pakistan.
Journey by road is very interesting specially with the company of Indus river the longest river of Pakistan It flows from Tibet northwest across the Indian-controlled portion of Jammu and Kashmir, passing between the western extremity of the Himalayas and the northern extremity of the Hindu Kush mountain range; it then courses generally south through Pakistan to the Arabian Sea.
Between Gilgit Skardu the Indus River due to its size of desolation and the non stop foaming fury of the Indus, the gorge from here south is simply awesome. You can view many beautiful villages and largest suspension bridges and valleys on this road.



Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-2 of 2
Alamkuh

Alamkuh - May 27, 2010 5:58 am - Voted 10/10

Nice...

This summer I'll be sure to travel this road.
Mohammad Hadi

Karrar Haidri

Karrar Haidri - May 28, 2010 1:57 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Nice...

You are most Welcome Mohammad Hadi,Thanks for sharing your kind comments and vote!Greetings from Pakistan.

Viewing: 1-2 of 2