Gino Soldà Comments

Viewing: 1-9 of 9
mvs

mvs - Feb 6, 2012 4:03 am - Voted 10/10

Missed opportunity!

Hi Mazzani, I was in Parma this cold weekend with my kids, looking for swimming pools and enotecas. This is a great article. I love the Dolomites and am very happy to learn about Solda. Your city is wonderful...I never before just ate hunks of Parmasian cheese on a plate, it was very good!

Silvia Mazzani

Silvia Mazzani - Feb 6, 2012 12:23 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Missed opportunity!

What a pity! But I'm happy you agree my town and our cheese...
I am also a Dolomites' great lover...and appreciate you SP pages and topos!
Cheers.
silvia mazzani

ericvola

ericvola - Feb 6, 2012 5:18 pm - Voted 10/10

Gino a great friend

Gino Soldà was a great friend of Georges and Sonia Livanos. They admired his climbing style. When they were in the Dolomites, particularly in the Civetta, often Gino would make a large detour to come and spend a few hours with them before going back to his work late the same evening. I have a nice photo of him with Sonia and Robert Gabriel (must be 1951 or 1952) that you can see among my pictures and that you are welcome to use.

Silvia Mazzani

Silvia Mazzani - Feb 7, 2012 11:09 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Gino a great friend

Ciao Eric,
i didn't know Gino was a friend of Georges and Sonia...i'm a great fans of Georges and i've been numberless times in Dolomites and Calanques to climb their routes and Rebuffat's ones.
i've seen your fine picture of Gino with Sonia and Robert; i'd like to attach the picture to my Soldà page, but the SummitPost functions don't let me make that... Only you - if you want - are authorized to do it...
Thank you very much for you kind message!
Cheers.

silvia mazzani

mvs

mvs - Feb 8, 2012 2:54 pm - Voted 10/10

Re: Gino a great friend

Excited to go to the Calanques one day and climb some of these classics!

Noondueler

Noondueler - Feb 12, 2012 10:39 pm - Voted 10/10

Great page!

Fine page to a very tough and resilient climber, a great man.
Thank you.

Silvia Mazzani

Silvia Mazzani - Feb 13, 2012 11:49 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Great page!

Thank also to you for visiting and appreciating my page of mountaineering's history.
Cheers

silvia

gabr1

gabr1 - Feb 13, 2012 8:17 am - Voted 10/10

Thank you

for this portrait of a great climber.
Gabriele

Silvia Mazzani

Silvia Mazzani - Feb 13, 2012 11:51 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Thank you

Thanks to you, Gabriele, for visiting...
Cheers

silvia

Viewing: 1-9 of 9
Return to 'Gino Soldà' main page