Viewing: 1-8 of 8
EricChu

EricChu - Mar 1, 2010 8:48 am - Voted 10/10

A very nice report, with lots of light and shadow in your pictures!

This is a lovely posting - thanks, Bob!
Cheers,
Eric

FlatheadNative

FlatheadNative - Mar 1, 2010 4:21 pm - Voted 10/10

August 2009 in Montana

really sucked! Here's to a better summer.

Bob Sihler

Bob Sihler - Mar 1, 2010 9:04 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: August 2009 in Montana

I hope so. Of course, with the low snowpack I hear you have, summer may be pretty smoky. On that, let's hope not.

FlatheadNative

FlatheadNative - Mar 1, 2010 9:38 pm - Voted 10/10

Re: August 2009 in Montana

We are doing Aeneas tomorrow so we will have a better idea how much snow is really in the high country.

sanfordstone

sanfordstone - Mar 23, 2010 5:42 pm - Voted 10/10

perfect

I love the title to your article! I think I must have told too many friends that Glacier's weather is "pretty much perfect for the month of August." Hopefully 2010 makes up for it...

Bob Sihler

Bob Sihler - Mar 24, 2010 11:27 am - Hasn't voted

Re: perfect

At least you get to spend the summer in Babb and ride out the bad weather! Let's definitely hope for a better 2010. From what I hear about the snowpack, though, you may be in for a bad fire season.

distressbark

distressbark - Apr 7, 2010 2:54 pm - Hasn't voted

bears on Altyn

Bob, I think I've already shared with you how I randomly spotted you starting up the South America route from the hotel; I'm glad you saw the bears and were able to turn around safely! Thanks for sharing the trip report. That stretch in August was absolutely miserable. My records show that I hiked to Grinnell Glacier on a sunny, breezy day August 11th, and I didn't hit the trail (aside from a rainy jaunt up to Red Rock Lake one morning) until an all day journey across Floral Park on August 19th. Better luck this year!

Bob Sihler

Bob Sihler - Apr 7, 2010 7:41 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: bears on Altyn

August 11th...yes, that was the day I climbed Dragon's Tail with a couple other guys. Definitely sunny and windy that day, and the last truly nice day of my trip.

Viewing: 1-8 of 8
Return to 'Glacier National Park, Montana-- Where It Doesn't Rain in August' main page