Goblin Mountain Climber's Log

Viewing: 1-4 of 4
Redwic

Redwic - May 7, 2010 10:58 pm Date Climbed: May 3, 2010

The Storm Before The Goblin  Sucess!

With a day off from work, I decided to finish what I started 1-1/2 months earlier. I summited nearby Excelsior Mountain the previous day, so I knew I could drive nearly all the way to the Quartz Creek Trailhead. With poor weather conditions and fresh snow, it took me all day to slog up the slopes of Storm Ridge and Goblin Mountain solo. I tried a slightly different route than my previous attempt but I don't think it helped much. The snowpack actually assisted the ability to scurry around and up the Goblin summit pinnacle, although I didn't see any way I could climb onto the top of the pinnacle... plus I was not going to try to many daring moves while out there alone. Cloud cover ruined any outward views.

Redwic

Redwic - Apr 1, 2010 10:40 am

Re: Tough To Let Go

That's OK... There will certainly be a return trip. And this mountain has me anxious to climb Kyes Peak in the future, too.

Klenke

Klenke - Apr 1, 2010 1:30 am

Re: Tough To Let Go

Next time bring her along. Problem solved.

gimpilator

gimpilator - Mar 31, 2010 10:16 pm Date Climbed: Mar 27, 2010

Tough To Let Go

We turned around at 4900 feet, once we made it to the southeast ridge top. The summit was right in front of us, completely attainable. Dangerous snow? No. An incoming storm? No. Loss of daylight? No. The reason we turned around was because I couldn't be late for a date with my girlfriend. Damn!!! No more dinner engagements on hiking days from now on. Sorry Craig.

Viewing: 1-4 of 4
Return to 'Goblin Mountain' main page