Grand Combin 4314m

Page Type Page Type: Trip Report
Location Lat/Lon: 45.95000°N / 7.30000°E
Date Date Climbed/Hiked: May 26, 2006
Activities Activities: Skiing
Seasons Season: Spring

Ski tour Grand Combin 4314m

Splendid ski tour to the Grand Combin 4314m. A gigantic massif is the Grand Combin. He is from all Valais-4000er visible and dominate with his size the Unterwallis/Under-Valais.

The Grand Combin has four summits: Grand Combin de Valsorey 4184m, Grand Combin de la Tsessette 4135m, Aiguille du Croissant 4083 m and the highest: Grand Combin de Grafeneire 4314m.

Start in the Cabane F.-X. Bagnoud 2645m. Above the long glacier de Corbassière, at the feet of the steep north-west flank. There the skis are tied on approx. 3600 m to the backpack. There the delicacy comes: The skis must be supported 400m altitude difference up the north-west flank (45degrees). At the end of the north-west flank must be gone through ice breaking off, these are often tricky if too little snow lies. The whole one becomes then an arduous steep ice insertion. At the point of 3987m one gets out of the north-west flank and goes on with skis, up to the summit of the gravel Combin de Grafeneire 4314m.

In order to mount the Grand Combin 4314m with skis, it needs great snow amounts which fell through the whole winter. Otherwise the tour becomes very tricky because of the many clean and frozen places. Especially the north-west flank must have enough snow, otherwise the whole enterprise is difficult, next to impossible.

Link to the Grand Combin Tour: Grand Combin photos

Grand Combin 4314mGrand Combin 4314m

Accommodations


Link to F.-X. Bagnoud Hut 2645m: F.-X. Bagnoud Hut 2645m

Link to Cabane de Valsorey 3037m: Cabane de Valsorey 3037m

F.-X. Bagnoud 2645m HutF.-X. Bagnoud 2645m Hut


Comments

No comments posted yet.


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

Grand CombinTrip Reports