Grand Tapou Comments

Viewing: 1-7 of 7

ojo - Oct 21, 2010 4:20 am - Voted 10/10

I believe you now...

:) Superb page Eric.

visentin

visentin - Oct 21, 2010 4:39 am - Hasn't voted

Re: I believe you now...

Thanks ! Ojo, have you climbed any peak in the Besiberri Area ? I just proposed to Rafa to "separate them" on his page. Perhaps you could make the page of one of them ? :)

ojo - Oct 22, 2010 5:31 am - Voted 10/10

Re: Besiberri.

Not sure. Will have to look at the area but I don't think I have. Thanks for asking, though.

ojo - Oct 25, 2010 6:19 am - Voted 10/10

Great Page.

Some great photos too. Thanks for that about panormas. Now I have to get me a slide scanner. What kind do you use? j

visentin

visentin - Oct 25, 2010 6:42 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Great Page.

I'm not sure what do you mean. A tool to browse pictures ?

ojo - Oct 25, 2010 7:24 am - Voted 10/10

Re: Great Page.

No. A scanner. I think some of your Gran Tapou pictures were FILM originals - not digital. I'm talking about negatives or "slides" or basically "Film". I suppose you had to convert them to digital and I wondered what you used. You usually need a flat bed scanner with specific film or negative-scanner atributes. (My normal scanner just does prints). Don't worry! I've already found something on the 'net. Just have to decide if I have 200 euros floating around. (When I started walking and climbing I was non-digital. We took slide film... all the slides are under his bed gathering dust). I could do something with Andorra if I could make them digital....sigh....

visentin

visentin - Oct 25, 2010 7:28 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Great Page.

Yes, most of my pictures from the Pyrenees are paper pictures. I scanned them 4 by 4 with a basic scanner, then I separated them. That's how I processed so far !
Only from the year 2004 I have numeric ones, plus those my father sends me about places I've been in.
Instead of buying a scanner, you can also "scan" your pictures with a digital camera, it's not difficult. Just make a sort of support with a stable height, find a convenient source of light on an angle that doesn't reflect on it, and make pictures of your pictures !
I do like this every time I want to have a JPG of a picture that is already stuck in one of my albums ! :)
But as for films, I think you may need a specific scanner. If it's for a limited amount of films you have maybe it's worth askind around you to borrow one and scan them all ?

Viewing: 1-7 of 7
Return to 'Grand Tapou' main page