Grass Mountain Climber's Log

Viewing: 1-3 of 3
Kessler

Kessler - Nov 4, 2015 3:14 pm Date Climbed: Aug 28, 2009

Grass  Sucess!

9-28-2009

evant

evant - Jul 16, 2010 9:45 pm Date Climbed: Jul 3, 2010

nice loop  Sucess!

Went up the Senia Creek trail towards Crow Lake, then cut across the plateau to the peak, descended to Lake Mary, then back out the West Fork of Rock Creek, for a casual 8 hr, 12 mile loop. Excellent. Hit some mad fog on the way up which was a bit difficult for a moment. Also ran into a pair of horseback riders on the way up that told us that we were crazy because there was way too much snow and we wouldn't make it. Ironically, we never even touched snow that day!

Scott

Scott - Sep 4, 2009 12:01 am Date Climbed: Aug 28, 2009

Rest Day  Sucess!

Today was a "rest day" from our seven day loop. In the morning Kessler and I set off to climb Grass Mountain (11,052 feet/3369 feet) in perfect weather. We hiked the trail up to Lake Mary where we had a cold bath and then left the trail to climb the slopes to the north. We surprisingly found and old constructed trail (probably part of an old route to East Rosebud) and followed it a ways before it faded away. We climbed up the slopes of Grass Mountain and followed the stable and relatively easy boulderfields to the summit. The summit of Grass Mountain was made of interesting blocks of granite and was a fun little climb. We ate lunch and enjoyed the fine views before returning back to Lake Mary and then back to camp.

Viewing: 1-3 of 3
Return to 'Grass Mountain' main page