Page Type Page Type: Mountain/Rock
Location Lat/Lon: 43.52600°N / 71.3686°W
Additional Information Elevation: 2245 ft / 684 m
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview




Gunstock Mountain is the skier's mountain in the Belknap Mountain Group. This mountain is a popular winter mountain. However in spring and fall this when this mountain isn't receiving traffic from skiers, Gunstock Mountain can have a great amount of solitude considering the major popularity in the winter months. The summit has great views in all directions and is worthy of visiting. On a clear day a distant Mt. Washington can be seen.

The mountain can be reach via the class 1 Blue Trail from the Carriage Road wihich then connect to the Saddle Trail which is unmarked on it's intersection with the Blue Trail located in the saddle between Gunstock Mountain and Belknap Mountain. This link is about 500 feet elvation gain in just under a mile. Often Gunstock Mountain is done in combination with Belknap Mountain and makes for a 2.9 mile roundtrip loop.

Getting There


VIA THE CARRIAGE ROAD: From the I-93 exit in Tilton (exit 20) take route 3 east toward Laconia. Make a right on Route 11 bypass rough six miles east of I-93. Get on to 11A h4eading towards Gilford. Make a right on Belknap Mountain Road. Head through the town center of Gilford and head for almost 3 miles. Make a left at the old sign pointing to Belknap Mountain. Head up the road all the way to the trailhead which is at the end of the road.

Red Tape


There is no camping allowed at the summit the gates close at exactly 6 pm. The gate is closed in winter. Also in winter you will probably need to pay a lift ticket fee if you plan on being on the summit in winter.

When To Climb


Spring through Fall. In winter you willl probably be asked to pay for lift ticket if you are seen on the summit during ski season

Camping


There is no camping allowed on the summit of Gunstock Mountain. This is a ski area and is often overun with construction and surveys. Also there is camping allowed at nearby Belknap Mountain either.

Mountain Conditions


Here are two websites that will provided you the best information on conditions on Gunstock Mountain.

Appalachian Mountain Club

Current Trail Conditions

Weather Conditions


This is the best link to weather in Laconia.

Weather in Nearby Laconia

Links to Ski information at Gunstock


Gunstock Ski and Summer Resort

Summit Picture Log


Post hero pictures here.



Children

Children

Children refers to the set of objects that logically fall under a given object. For example, the Aconcagua mountain page is a child of the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits.' The Aconcagua mountain itself has many routes, photos, and trip reports as children.

Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

NH Lakes RegionMountains & Rocks