Haft Saran

Page Type Page Type: Mountain/Rock
Location Lat/Lon: 36.06030°N / 51.92880°E
Activities Activities: Mountaineering
Seasons Season: Summer
Additional Information Elevation: 13146 ft / 4007 m
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

Click for Introduction to Central Alborz Mountains.

Click for Detailed Map of Central Alborz Mountains.

Click for Detailed Map of Haft Saran Area Peaks.

From Sesang Valley

Yalrood Valley



With Dokhaharan

Haft Saran (means “Seven Heads”) is a rather odd name for a gentle dome-like mountain with a very broad summit that rises in the Central Alborz Mountains of northern Iran not far from Mt. Damavand. The most striking feature of Haft Saran is its long eastern ridgeline that gently drops down into the upper portions of the Sesang River Valley splitting it into two main sections.

To the southwest, Haft Saran connects to the Takhte Khers Peak and to the northeast it eventually connects to the Shekar Leghas Peak (via Point 3841m, Point 3848 m and the 4074 m Kooleh Peak). The steepest slopes of Haft Saran will be found to the west/northwest dropping down into the upper portions of the Yalrood River Valley.

Like the nearby Shekar Leghas and Kaoon Peaks, most of the summit of Haft Saran is made of gravel that has a gray/teal hue.

Haft Saran is usually climbed along with some of its nearby peaks in a multi-day hiking program. Being the lowest 4000 m peak of the area, Haft Saran is rarely a destination by itself ,however, ease of access and the fact that it sits “on the way” from Dokhaharan Peak (the highest peak of the area) to the Shekar Laghas Peak (the second highest peak of the area) make Haft Saran an attractive target.

Getting There

From Point 3848 #1
From eastern Tehran, drive the Haraz Road (Tehran-Amol) past the towns of Baijan and Kahrood until you see a sign that says “Amol 55 Km”. A few Kimlometers beyond this sign you will find a dirt road on the left (west) side of the road. This road is well-graded and is passable by most/any car. It might be inconspicuously signed for “Panjab” or “Nomar”. Drive the road 25 km to its end at the village of Nomar (also known as Nomarestagh). Distance from eastern Tehran is roughly 130 Km.

Red Tape

No fees/permits needed.

Camping

Anywhere.

Children

Children

Children refers to the set of objects that logically fall under a given object. For example, the Aconcagua mountain page is a child of the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits.' The Aconcagua mountain itself has many routes, photos, and trip reports as children.