Viewing: 1-6 of 6
Bill Reed

Bill Reed - Oct 9, 2009 8:27 pm - Voted 10/10

Beautiful photos.....

Liba! I'm curious as to what your overall take was on the canyon. It's a place that's been on my "bucket list" for a long while though some negative publicity in recent years has caused me to rethink going there.

Liba Kopeckova

Liba Kopeckova - Oct 9, 2009 9:29 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Beautiful photos.....

It is a nice place to see, but I would not like to stay there overnight. The campground is very crowded, and you are not allowed to camp anywhere between the hilltop and the village. I guess you could do backcountry camping, by passing through all the way to the boundary with Grand Canyon N.P. - it is a long way in, about 15 miles.
There was trash and plastic bottles along the trail, people were hiking in big groups (I was the only solo hiker), and many had their backpacks carried by horses. It is a tourist trap, and not an outdoor experience place. But, the falls are gorgeous!!!

BLong

BLong - Oct 9, 2009 10:59 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Beautiful photos.....

I have never visited Havasu from the rim, but hiking up from the river is amazing. A true wilderness experience. On the day we went, we were literally the only group all the way from the river through to Beaver Falls. If you want to do it as a more wild experience, I recommend heading down a bit farther.

Bill Reed

Bill Reed - Oct 10, 2009 11:07 am - Voted 10/10

Re: Beautiful photos.....

Thanks for the info!

Vladislav

Vladislav - Nov 14, 2009 12:51 am - Voted 10/10

Mixed feelings?

I see you've made the trip. It seems that just like me you have mixed feelings about the place. It is beautiful, begs to be photographed and yet you would not want to stay a night, to take a swim, to eat a dinner. I found Havasu a sad place, beautiful but sad.

Liba Kopeckova

Liba Kopeckova - Nov 14, 2009 8:26 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Mixed feelings?

Yes, I agree. It does beg to be photographed. Beautiful and sad.... I think next time would be an overnight trip post Mooney Falls and sleep in the National park boundary...

Viewing: 1-6 of 6
Return to 'Havasu, Grand Canyon' main page