Viewing: 1-16 of 16
Marmaduke

Marmaduke - Jul 15, 2011 1:04 am - Voted 10/10

Great 9 nine days

Thanks Josh, A great read and great photos. Vey envious.

Josh Lewis

Josh Lewis - Jul 15, 2011 4:16 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Great 9 nine days

Thanks! It was a lot of hard work, the first few days were fairly easy, but once day 6 came around... oh boy I got a little more than I bargained for. But it was totally worth it!

Senad Rizvanovic

Senad Rizvanovic - Jul 15, 2011 12:28 pm - Voted 10/10

!

Seems like real adventure, nice shots!

Josh Lewis

Josh Lewis - Jul 19, 2011 12:22 am - Hasn't voted

Re: !

Indeed! During school I had been so wrapped up in homework that I could not go on adventures. In a sense it was as if the long need for adventure had built up in me. And when the time was right I finally got to go on a big extravaganza!

gimpilator

gimpilator - Jul 15, 2011 3:54 pm - Voted 10/10

A very entertaining read!

Thanks for sharing this story with everyone. I'm looking forward to reading the rest of it. Please let me know when you are finnished with the last parts.

Another thing too... I'm very proud of you for turning around on Shuksan. You made the right decision there and it kept you out of harms way. If you want to live a long life and always be able to return to the mountains, that's the way to do it.

Josh Lewis

Josh Lewis - Aug 2, 2011 10:28 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: A very entertaining read!

The trip report is now finished. As for Shuksan, although I very much wanted to continue with the climb, I knew it would be a dangerous under taking. Even what I did was dangerous which I nearly stripped on one spot. I'm glad to hear your trip worked out just fine on Shuksan. I'll have to return one of these days.

billisfree

billisfree - Jul 17, 2011 8:47 am - Hasn't voted

Great Stuff

Thanks for sharing with us. I have same blister problem... some boots just take a LONG time to break in. It's so difficult to know if your new boots are going to cause heel blisters when you buy them.

Josh Lewis

Josh Lewis - Jul 19, 2011 12:18 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Great Stuff

A little too broken in I say, they did not used to give me blisters when I first got them. I believe it was from me putting my crampons on wrong a few times which bent the boot above the heel. When I adjusted my crampons just right they felt way better. And no I don't have weak feet. ;-)

triyoda

triyoda - Jul 17, 2011 10:29 pm - Hasn't voted

Amazing Pics

Reminds me why we go into the mountains. Well done.

Josh Lewis

Josh Lewis - Aug 2, 2011 10:30 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Amazing Pics

Glad to hear I'm not the only one who has this perspective of what mountaineering is about.

mvs

mvs - Jul 24, 2011 1:54 am - Hasn't voted

Unique perspective

Josh, thanks for living an adventure and bringing it back to us! I think it's really good that you are cautious with summits and new technical terrain. It's real wisdom to learn at your own pace. I can tell you really love the Cascades because you aren't afraid of bushwhacking, obscure routes and deep forest. Looking forward to your missives from August!

Josh Lewis

Josh Lewis - Jul 24, 2011 2:13 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Unique perspective

Thanks Michael. Just a few hours ago I got home from another 4 day North Cascade Extravaganza which now I still have 3 more climbing days ahead of me. My feet on the other hand are wanting rest. As the quote at the start of my trip reports say, getting down is the most important when mountaineering. I'm ambitious for climbing, but I very much value my life and do not like going beyond what is necessary to have a good time while being safe. As for bush whacking, I'm used to it by now ever since going through Mount Zekes. When I'm done climbing I have more stories to share.

JoelSkok

JoelSkok - Sep 24, 2011 3:03 pm - Voted 10/10

Totally impressed

Can't think of a better way to spend a week and a couple of days. And what's more, you lived to tell about it. These are climbs I'd like to repeat. Excellent pics by the way

Josh Lewis

Josh Lewis - Dec 19, 2011 4:32 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Totally impressed

Certainly one of the best weeks out in the mountains. In fact it was an incredible month of climbing where I was out more than 15 days in the mountains.

ktnbs

ktnbs - Dec 22, 2012 11:11 am - Hasn't voted

Enjoyed

the read and the photos very much this morning, relaxed after work-a-day week with coffee....got me missing summer!

Josh Lewis

Josh Lewis - Dec 23, 2012 6:02 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Enjoyed

Glad you enjoyed it. I hope to post another extravaganza very soon!

Viewing: 1-16 of 16
Return to 'Having the Time of my Life: A 9 Day Extravaganza through the North Cascades' main page