Viewing: 1-12 of 12
rpc

rpc - Mar 22, 2004 12:36 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Nice.

Alan Ellis

Alan Ellis - Mar 22, 2004 8:02 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Great page. Thanks for submitting!

vertx

vertx - Mar 22, 2004 10:25 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Well done.

Steven Cross

Steven Cross - Mar 22, 2004 11:12 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

very interesting

hgrapid

hgrapid - Jul 9, 2004 11:04 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Charles,



I am heading to High Point (New Jersey) tomorrow, as well as Mt. Marcy. I will add to the site when I return, including photos with my new digital camera, and maybe some added information. I'll beef up the site for you. The area seems like it is very pretty.

CharlesD

CharlesD - Jul 9, 2004 2:11 pm - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Definitely pretty (at least for something within a hundred miles of NYC). More photos and such would be great. My only experience in the area was in the dead of winter and mostly in the wee hours at that.

hgrapid

hgrapid - Jul 12, 2004 10:23 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Charles, I just hiked HighPoint, NJ, and the Appalachian Trail goes towards the summit for a mile, and then turns away from the summit. I had to turn back, and then turn off the AT, go down the road, and go up the road to the summit. There were trails, to the summit from off the AT. I can't tell you exact directions, because your directions kind of got me lost, no offense. Since you are the maintainer, you should probably find a website that showes correct directions, or specify your directions, or get rid of them or else others will get lost. Thanks.

CharlesD

CharlesD - Jul 12, 2004 3:23 pm - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

No problem and thanks for pointing out the deficiencies. Like I said, it was dark at the time and about 2am. I'll see what I can find.

JerseyJosh

JerseyJosh - Nov 20, 2005 6:02 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Do you know if ther are cliffs that could be top-oped near High Point?

Thanks

Josh

CharlesD

CharlesD - Nov 21, 2005 10:04 am - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

No idea, sorry. We camped on a small bluff a couple miles 'south' of the road crossing near High Point, but I don't remember if it was steep enough or tall enough to top rope. The bluff was on the eastern side above a small pond.

cbucker

cbucker - Sep 25, 2007 10:36 am - Voted 10/10

Great Page

Good job on one of my favorite areas to camp/hike with the family.

pablo

pablo - Jan 21, 2008 9:34 am - Voted 10/10

good !

Thanks for this page , helped me to have some fun in my business trip to New Jersey. Although freezing it was an excellent short hike.

Viewing: 1-12 of 12
Return to 'High Point (New Jersey)' main page