Highland Peak (NV) Climber's Log

Viewing: 1-4 of 4
ericnoel

ericnoel - Jun 21, 2021 9:48 pm Date Climbed: Jun 21, 2021

Highland  Sucess!

Drive-up.

Jerry L

Jerry L - Oct 29, 2019 4:00 pm Date Climbed: Oct 26, 2019

My Old Dog Gets Another Summit  Sucess!

Always feels funny to sign a summit log on a mountain with a road on top. I took my dogs up in the Jeep and my 11.5 year old Yellow Lab got another summit. She has trouble walking these days. And that made it special to me.

Dean

Dean - Dec 13, 2012 9:04 am Date Climbed: Dec 9, 2012

400th p2k  Sucess!

We had camped the night before at the Cathedral Gorge State Park south of Pioche and the temperature dropped into the single digits. It was cold. Dawn couldn't come soon enough and after making the long drive over to Wilson Peak and driving on a bit of snow near the top, we made our way up Highland Peak using Scott Surgent's fine information. Dennis P. skillfully drove up the snowy and icy spots in fine fashion and the views were exceptional except for the fact that the biting cold wind limited our stay on the top. No register found but we did locate one witness benchmark.

surgent

surgent - Aug 10, 2009 6:05 pm Date Climbed: Aug 3, 2009

Easy road hike, great views  Sucess!

Surprisingly good road allowed me to drive up farther than planned, and the hike was fun and easy, a quick 3-hour day hike to a highly prominent summit near Pioche, Nevada. As always, had the whole place to myself!

Viewing: 1-4 of 4
Return to 'Highland Peak (NV)' main page