Homecoming Comments

Viewing: 1-6 of 6
silversummit

silversummit - Dec 2, 2008 11:45 am - Voted 10/10

Silence..............

I read this and stopped for a few minutes to figure out what to say (unusual for me, sometimes known as Chatty Kathy). Perhaps the one of highest compliments I can pay to you is to say that you have wisdom far beyond your years, gained from seeing and thinking and looking deep within yourself. But most of all, as a former teacher, I enjoyed your sharing it with your english teacher and with us. Keep hiking/climbing and writing.

Athos791

Athos791 - Dec 2, 2008 3:21 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Silence..............

Thank you very much for your compliment! I feel that hiking and climbing has caused me to mature in many ways. Thank you again!

Alan Arnette

Alan Arnette - Dec 3, 2008 12:06 am - Voted 10/10

Nicely Put!

Well said. I especially like:

"The towering giants that rise up so high, they grace the heavens; forming my every dream and thought. Why can I not stop thinking about these things?"

I know the feeling well.

Athos791

Athos791 - Dec 3, 2008 1:27 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Nicely Put!

Thanks for the comments Alan! Your article was actually part of my inspiration to write this..
-Luke

Haliku

Haliku - Dec 8, 2008 10:11 am - Voted 10/10

You are on the path...

that most of us don't find till much later in life. Well stated. If you don't plan to already keep a journal during your climbs to capture the sensory overload you will experience from the climb and the cultural exposure. Cheers!

Athos791

Athos791 - Dec 8, 2008 3:08 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: You are on the path...

Haliku,
Thanks for the kind words! I actually am going to bring a journal and post entries of it on my website! (once i finish my website haha)

Viewing: 1-6 of 6
Return to 'Homecoming' main page