Hourgade Additions and Corrections

Viewing: 1-4 of 4
Rafa Bartolome

Rafa Bartolome - Sep 15, 2009 10:28 am - Voted 10/10

the height

is 2964m and not 2064m...it's a little mistake of one number but it's a lot of meters for the peak, he,he

thanks for the good page, I will search some pictures about it. I will write Gourdon and Belloc someday as well.

visentin

visentin - Sep 15, 2009 12:25 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: the height

Corrected ! Now I understand why my page got only 6 poor votes so far instead of the average of 15-20 for a standard new peak in the Pyrenees ! Sad to say, but seems that the popularity ranking of peaks pages on SP are narrowly linked to their height ! (perhaps more than the page content itself...)

Rafa Bartolome

Rafa Bartolome - Sep 15, 2009 2:42 pm - Voted 10/10

Re: the height

I don't know...it's not always true. The height is important but the people generally vote according with the pictures because a lot of them don't know really where are the Pyrenees and where's the peak. It's my impression. For me, one of my favourite climbs is Pic de Viscos (2.141m) still without page in SP and probably the smaller peak that I'll write in this area in the future. I know what the people will love the images of this beautiful pyramid peak. The votes depent in many times if the people are connected when the page appears in what's new.
Good luck.

visentin

visentin - Sep 16, 2009 7:42 am - Hasn't voted

Re: the height

Viscos => just make the page ! I'm going to make pages for some peaks under 2000m near St Lary in a near future...
My next targets are the Suelsa and the Fulsa, I'm posting right now pleinty of pictures of them.
As for heights, I may make an experiment, make a "temporary mistake", placing for example the Suelsa at 3800m for the first week just to see how the votes go ! :)

Viewing: 1-4 of 4
Return to 'Hourgade' main page