Ibitipoca State Park/MG - Brazil

Ibitipoca State Park/MG - Brazil

Page Type Page Type: Album

The Ibitipoca State Park is located in the Zona da Mata, in the cities of Lima Duarte and Santa Rita de Ibitipoca. It occupies the top of the Serra do Ibitipoca an extension of the Serra da Mantiqueira. With an area of 1,488 hectares, the protected area is the place where they divide the basins of the Rio Grande and Rio Paraiba do Sul. It was established on July 4, 1973, 'Ibitipoca' word Tupi-Guarani means "Splitter range."

Natural Heritage

The Ponte de Pedra (Stone Bridge), Janela do Céu (Window of Heaven), Gruta dos Três Arcos (the Three Arches cave) and Pico do Pião (Pião Peak) are just some of the attractions of Ibitipoca that also houses lookouts, caves, beaches, natural pools, waterfalls, peaks and beautiful waterfalls and natural pools formed by Leap and Red rivers and Stream Monjolinho.

The lombada peak, also known as Ibitipoca, with 1784 meters of altitude, offers an incomparable panoramic view.

Fauna

The fauna is rich with the presence of endangered species such as puma, guará wolf and the primate Guigó.

They also appear barbado monkeys, sauá monkeys (marmosets), the parrot breast purple, coati, among others. Among the amphibians is a species of frog, the "Hyla of Ibitipoca" which was first identified in the region.

Flora

Several species of flora are found in protected area such as orchids, bromeliads, lamps, lichens and ferns. A striking feature of the vegetation in Ibitipoca are the "beard-of-old," a species of lichen-green water, hanging from the branches of trees, causing a nice visual effect. The rupestrine fields are a wide range of vegetation of the Park.

Infrastructure

The buildings of the State Park Ibitipoca undergone recent renovation and new facilities further improved the infrastructure to support visitors. The Park has concierge, parking, camping area, restaurant, Visitor Centers, Administration and Research , guest house and accommodation for researchers and staff.

Visitation

The IEF (forests state institute) had to limit the number of visitors to the park to implement measures for the protection and natural attributes and local biodiversity. Some secondary trails are closed to visitors.

Currently, the number is limited to 300 people, Monday to Friday, and 800 per day on Saturdays, Sundays and holidays. In the camping area, is allowed to remain ten tents (30 people) Monday to Friday. On Saturdays, Sundays and holidays the limit is 15 tents (45 people). The park does not make reservations for the campground. The occupation is made by order of arrival. The park has a restaurant.

Hours: 07 to 17h

Directions: Follow in the direction of Juiz de Fora BR-040 and enter the roundabout access to the BR267, continuing toward Lima Duarte. To reach the District of Conceição de Ibitipoca are more 27Km of dirt road and from there another 4 km to the park entrance. Distance from Belo Horizonte: 241Km.

http://www.ibitipoca.tur.br/ 

 



Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-4 of 4
Senad Rizvanovic

Senad Rizvanovic - Jun 19, 2012 9:33 am - Voted 10/10

Beautiful

Egzotic pictures, very nice!

Flávio Varricchio

Flávio Varricchio - Jun 20, 2012 12:59 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Beautiful

ibitipoca is a small park - 1500ha - with a rich diversity of environments

Marcsoltan

Marcsoltan - Jun 19, 2012 8:33 pm - Voted 10/10

Beautiful album...

deserving of a "Primary Image."

:-)

Flávio Varricchio

Flávio Varricchio - Jun 20, 2012 1:01 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Beautiful album...

I put the "cover photo" and some information about the park.


Viewing: 1-4 of 4