Ice climbing with my buddies.

Ice climbing with my buddies.

Page Type Page Type: Album
Additional Information Image Type(s): Ice Climbing

Glaciar Hermoso. Cayambe, Ecuador.

SEP. 06. 2008
Cayambe glacier practices.Seracs.
My ecuadorian buddies (Edgar, Katy, Veronica) and I left Quito early and got to Cayambe volcano for some ice climbing at its glacier.
Cayambe glacier practices.Line Fixing.



We started heading up towards the upper part of the glacier, trying to find a good ice wall where to ice climb for the morning.




We found this nice almost vertical wall with good features. Ice conditions were hard like a stone but there were a few spots where the ice was softer.

Ice Climbing

Cayambe glacier practices.Me!
We started ice climbing around 8:00 am. The weather wasn't nice at the beginning, but it got better an hour later. We had a nice sunny day at the glacier.
Cayambe glacier practices.Edgar and I.




Cayambe glacier practices.Heading back to the refuge























We took short breaks every half hour. The sun was hitting us pretty strong.

The temperature was rising up and we were concerned about the anchors, so we had to test them regularly during the climbs.

Great weekend!

We finished ice climbing at 2:30 pm. We were starving, so we headed back to the refuge to cook some spaghetti and soup. Took a short rest and drove back to Quito the same afternoon.

Comments

No comments posted yet.



Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

CayambeAlbums