mpbro - Jul 5, 2002 2:54 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Update: 4 Aug 2003 -- Awesome work. Looks like a really nice resource.

El Tigre Valderrama

El Tigre Valderrama - Aug 4, 2003 1:09 pm - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

the page is ready, have you revote?

Henning Lege - Nov 1, 2002 5:38 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Usually I do not vote, but if stupid people for stupid reasons downvote a really nice page ...

Rockhopper - Jun 9, 2003 12:50 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Nice page. Useful resource while preparing for my climb on Iliniza Norte. Good description of how to get there.

There are not a lot of Ecuadorian mountains on summitpost, except for the well known names as Chimborazo and Cotopaxi. So this kind of efforts, maintaining a mountain page for Norte, are really appreciated.

big_g - Feb 22, 2004 9:34 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Lots of info!

Andinistaloco - Mar 3, 2005 12:54 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Hey, nice work on this page -- and great shots of the mountain, too!

One thing I remember about this climb is that there were two summits - and the one WITHOUT the cross and stuff on it seemed to be higher (I climbed both for the hell of it)....

Bouska006 - Jun 1, 2008 12:22 pm - Hasn't voted

Little extra info

We had to pay the $5 per person at the Ranger station, and we got very official receipts and were asked to register. Also, be very careful at the summit w/ the cross, as when we summited, the rocks and cross were literally buzzing w/ electricity. It wounded like a broken converter or something, but then the ball on my stocking cap started burning my head w/ static! Scared the crap out of us,but a few meters below was fine. Have fun!

Inday - Mar 4, 2011 2:12 pm - Hasn't voted

Bad weather has changed the mountain

As my climbing log notes and as SPer HIGH EXPEDITIONS has noted, the weather has made this mountain a lot more technical. Snow, ice, and unstable rock are of much greater concern.

See HIGH EXPEDITIONS posting in climber log about Polish climber who died.

Also, refuge is in top shape and fees for the park are now $2. If you do not pay on the way in, stop and pay on the way out.

Return to 'Illiniza Norte (Iliniza Norte)' main page