INNOMINATA Comments

cp0915

cp0915 - Aug 13, 2009 6:39 pm - Voted 10/10

Best TR I've Read

In a very long time. Very nice. Awesome pictures, wonderful tribute. Great job~! And thanks for the stoke.

mvs

mvs - Aug 13, 2009 7:07 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Best TR I've Read

Thanks for the kind words! Nice job in the Selkirks, you have some beautiful pictures from there.

mvs

mvs - Aug 15, 2009 9:18 am - Hasn't voted

Re: ha!

Bringin it for the PNW! :P

EastKing

EastKing - Aug 14, 2009 6:08 pm - Voted 10/10

Definite a top TR

I love this TR. The thought of Rahel, the amazing pics, and how well written it is, makes this a top TR. Thanks for taking the time to write this and making Summitpost what it is today. Awesome job!!!!!!!!!!!!

mvs

mvs - Aug 15, 2009 9:19 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Definite a top TR

Thanks EastKing! Hey I salute you for moving out west and climbing ever higher! I did the same thing after college and it made all the difference for me.

hiltrud.liu

hiltrud.liu - Aug 15, 2009 3:35 pm - Voted 10/10

Many thanks...

for this trip report in great detail. And thank you for all your thoughts about mountaineering and for the beautiful pictures, Michael! What an idea: We can try to live a deep and rich life.
Best wishes, Hiltrud

mvs

mvs - Aug 16, 2009 2:06 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Many thanks...

Thanks so much Hiltrud! I'm sorry to have missed the plaque for Rahel that you placed below the Monzino Hut. We must have walked right nearby.

Gabriele Roth

Gabriele Roth - Aug 16, 2009 5:38 am - Voted 10/10

...

thanks for making me see what I missed ...
ciao :)

mvs

mvs - Aug 16, 2009 2:09 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: ...

The ridge is still there for the long good weather windows! Gaston Rebuffat said that October can be a good time, "the couloirs are very quiet." But the days are short (yikes...).

mvs

mvs - Aug 17, 2009 3:22 am - Hasn't voted

Re: We all do it for...

Thanks Rick! Is your free air-fare transferable? I can strap myself to the bottom of a B-52. :D

lcarreau

lcarreau - Aug 16, 2009 10:36 am - Voted 10/10

Touching tribute to

somebody who is still very much with us in Spirit.

mvs

mvs - Aug 18, 2009 8:13 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Touching tribute to

I definitely think she is, thanks for the comment!

schmid_th

schmid_th - Aug 16, 2009 5:22 pm - Voted 10/10

Thanks!

Michael, thanks for this wonderful trip report and your remembrance of Rahel!
All the best, Thomas

mvs

mvs - Aug 17, 2009 3:29 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Very, very

Absolutely. It was fun to write, apologies if the drama is a little over the top! I try to keep my head in the place it was while actually on the climb, where risks and steepness loom larger than they do once safely on the ground. From the ground I'd just say it's a good climb, not too hard. Maybe bring a warmer sleeping bag or don't bivy, just walk all night :D.

Nikman

Nikman - Aug 17, 2009 7:52 am - Voted 10/10

Great report

I shivered with you when reading about your bivi. Take care!

mvs

mvs - Aug 18, 2009 8:12 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Great report

Thank you! Yes, it was part of the suffering component on this trip :-)

climbxclimb

climbxclimb - Aug 17, 2009 8:31 pm - Voted 10/10

Great Report

What a climb you guys did and well reported too...
I met Dan this summer in Chamonix and we tried twice to climb together but weather and sickness stopped us...I am glad he finally climbed something really good!

Good job!

mvs

mvs - Aug 18, 2009 8:11 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Great Report

Ah right on! Yeah, you tell him that...he's glad for the climb but equally bummed that we weren't rock climbing those nice days! :D

nattfodd

nattfodd - Aug 18, 2009 7:38 am - Voted 10/10

Amazing

Another great report from you, it looks like you had a great time! It certainly put the Innominata in the map for me, for one of these days.

Just a note, though: I don't think John Harlin II was soloing the Eiger when he died, he was with Dougal Haston if I remember correctly.

mvs

mvs - Aug 18, 2009 8:15 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Amazing

Thank you, I just fixed the error! I hope you climb it one day, I'd love to hear your impressions.

Return to 'INNOMINATA' main page