Jett Canyon Comments

Viewing: 1-3 of 3
Dean

Dean - Nov 11, 2014 11:21 am - Voted 10/10

Trailhead at 7000'

There are a couple plastic BLM signs that attempt to indicate that the wilderness boundary starts at the 7000' level. The road actually continues on by a bypass but we parked at the beginning of the wilderness area and walked in from there. It was about 2.5 miles to where we left the creek and started up a ridge leaving Jett Canyon behind. We counted 12 water crossings with a fair amount of water still running in the middle of October.
(edited to correct elevation from 7100' to 7000')

MoapaPk

MoapaPk - Nov 11, 2014 11:32 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Trailhead at 7100'

Thanks -- I think those may be new signs. I last tried to check that road in 2013, but the driver didn't want to demolish her paint job. In 2006, some of the signs had ben overtaking by growth, and were a foot or so back into the brush!

Dean

Dean - Nov 11, 2014 12:02 pm - Voted 10/10

Re: Trailhead at 7000'

The brush is still pretty bad in spots. Dennis generously let me drive my Tacoma and we parked his Tundra a short ways in from the cattle guard where you enter Jett Canyon. The road past the boundary is still drivable for about 1/2 mile for high clearance vehicles and then it turns into an ATV track for another mile. The last mile is trail only and we were on trail until we left to climb the ridge and head up.

Viewing: 1-3 of 3
Return to 'Jett Canyon' main page