Kacji graben route (west approach)

Kacji graben route (west approach)

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 46.44890°N / 13.81900°E
Additional Information GPX File: Download GPX » View Route on Map
Additional Information Route Type: Walk and scramble
Additional Information Time Required: A long day
Additional Information Difficulty: Walk-up and easy climbing
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach

To climb Spik by a marked path, you must drive in Sava valley to Kranjska Gora (a well known tourist resort) and there turn to Vrshich Pass (towards south). After the Jasna lake, by a bridge over Pisnica creek, a narrow road turns into Krnica valley.
Here you park a car.

Route Description

The route starts where you see a signpost for Spik over Kacji graben. Somewhere on the start of the road to the Pisnica. First you walk at the end of big ravine which falls from Spik and Frdamane police. Then you start walking in forest and in dwarf pine where you must climb some small walls. The route is well marked and secured. When the forest ends you come to the long screes and follow them to the start of Spik`s south face where you turn right and you cross the Lipnica route (south approach) and then scramble a few meters to the summit.

Essential Gear

Good hiking shoes and rope for not good climbers.

Miscellaneous Info

If you have information about this route that doesn't pertain to any of the other sections, please add it here.


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

SpikRoutes
 
LipnicaRoutes