King's Peak Comments

Viewing: 1-13 of 13
mpbro

mpbro - Mar 11, 2002 5:32 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Where did this mountain come from?!? Great effort, per usual, John.



Just looked at your homepage's photos from this trip. You should upload a few. The one with the fog is a classic!

gordonye

gordonye - Apr 9, 2002 5:10 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

John

I beg you to load a few pictures. The ones on your trip report page are beautiful. 0 pictures doesn't make a very interesting page. I'll change the stars later...



1 day later: I'm changing the stars now. Thank you for the great pics!!!

John

John - Apr 9, 2002 6:33 pm - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Dude! You voted one of my pages down??? WTF?? I can't believe it! Get ready for retaliation!! Your mountains are going down baby!



Okay okay, you and Morgan are right. I should upload some of my photos. Actually I've been waiting for SP's sister site to come out: HikerPost.com. What do you think? ;-)



No wait, okay, I guess I can upload some of the photos to SummitPost.com even though most of the photos are really about walking along a beach and not the summit at all. At least I bagged the summit on my hike ;-)



Okay, I surrender - I'm such a push-over. I'll put it on my ToDo list, after I finish uploading more Red Rocks photos and finishing the Mount Hood Trip Report. Don't worry about the first paragraph - just kidding ;-)

John

John - Apr 10, 2002 12:14 am - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Ask and ye shall receive - well sometimes :-) Do I get 4 stars now?

gordonye

gordonye - Apr 10, 2002 10:44 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

If there is a HikerPost.com, it's going to have a lot of overlap with SP. The borders between the two would not be easy to draw.



By the way, I noticed you didn't have a picture of the summit, nor a description of what it looks like. Is there any views at all? If it's not covered by vegetation you should be able to see a wide area on the east (as this is the highest peak until the inner coast range) as well as the ocean.

John

John - Apr 10, 2002 12:23 pm - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

>By the way, I noticed you didn't have a picture of the summit



You must have missed the photo of the summit that I added? I don't have a close up of the dirt mound that is on the very top of the summit because, even though it had a view, I didn't think the dirt mound where I had dinner was very interesting ;-)



>nor a description of what it looks like.



The summit isn't covered with vegetation and you do have good views of the ocean, but the day I was there it was covered with clouds (see below). I'll add this to the page description.



>Is there any views at all?



Here is a view from the summit :-)



>If it's not covered by vegetation you should be able to see a wide area on the east (as this is the highest peak until the inner coast range) as well as the ocean.



For the ocean see above - you couldn't see it b/c of the clouds shown in the photo. As for the east, I was focused on the ocean so didn't think of taking any photos that direction. Perhaps you can when you visit? :-)

gordonye

gordonye - Apr 12, 2002 1:27 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

John, Thanks for the added info. I did miss the photo of the summit. I also didn't realize the picture of the fog clouds was taken from the summit. It looks like a fine view, with or without the fog. When I go up there I'll take a picture of Yolla Bolly, Trinity Alps if they're visible...

Dave K - Oct 29, 2002 8:10 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Nicely done! The Lost Coast is a beautiful area. I'll have to climb King's Peak sometime.

Diggler

Diggler - May 22, 2003 5:47 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

great page, John

John

John - May 22, 2003 11:06 pm - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Thanks for the vote Dirk. This is a gorgeous area. Thinking of heading up here some time?

Diggler

Diggler - May 27, 2003 5:35 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

it was a beautiful area (what I could see of it through the fog, anyway); see summit log

desainme

desainme - Dec 21, 2004 2:48 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Looks like a mellow area. Must be "lost " because

rte 1, which I figured went from Tijuana to Oregon, veers inland here abouts.

Corax

Corax - May 7, 2005 8:14 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

An interesting page. The lost coast seems fascinating.

Viewing: 1-13 of 13
Return to 'King's Peak' main page