Knuckle Buster--WI3

Knuckle Buster--WI3

Page Type Page Type: Album
Additional Information Image Type(s): Ice Climbing

A great multi-pitch intro test piece!!

This climb begins with a 5m section that relaxes onto a bench almost similar in size before a full serving of 80 degree ice that just about finishes off a 60m rope. Once a guy attempted to tackle the middle of the face which consistently dinner plated then popped his ass off the route for a 10m ankle breaking fall back down to the lower bench. He scooted back to the car with the help of two flustered partners. The route is safest up the right hand side where the water trickles freely and builds the route. A big belay tree a top the pitch snapped (somewhat) recently and rests below the beginning of the climb these days. Still a portion is available as pro is chosen for such.

Pitch two is about 45m in length and a fairly stiff go for 35m before sloping out to another big tree belay. Hike upwards a ways to begin the full length, Pitch 3, a run that can offer either steep ice or lots fun bulges to ladder up, depending upon the water flow.

The 4th pitch will be steep no matter what. After a stint of 70 degree ice, the vertical finale may run 15 to 20m. One thing is for sure, it will give the fatigued muscles a good pump!!! There is a woodsy escape off to the right if a team does not wish to challenge the top section. Start early or bring headlamps for the descent. Rapping is faster but you can also walk off of all the Twin Lake ice climbs.

Comments

No comments posted yet.



Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.