Kozie Czuby(right) i Kozi Wierch(left).and Kozia Pass in the middle

Kozie Czuby(right) i Kozi Wierch(left).and Kozia Pass in the middle

9th February 2008
Ivona
on Feb 11, 2008 3:32 pm
Image ID: 380213

Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-5 of 5
Tomas Kristofory

Tomas Kristofory - Feb 12, 2008 3:48 am - Voted 10/10

Wonderful sciana :)

The photo could be useful for those who intends to climb this (north or west?) wall of Kozi wierch. Please, help those people by attaching the photo to the page of Kozi wierch. Thanks, Tomas :)

Ivona

Ivona - Feb 12, 2008 12:45 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Wonderful sciana :)

this is north face of Kozi Wierch,really impressive,especially in winter!
The summit is avaiable from 5 lakes valley (south face) in winter(I'm going to climb on it in March)From north I reached only Kozia Pass this weekend.North trail with chains to the summit is possible only in summer,as you probably know.
Cheers
Iwona

Tomas Kristofory

Tomas Kristofory - Feb 12, 2008 1:51 pm - Voted 10/10

Re: Wonderful sciana :)

In fact I didn't know about the "trail" from north.. Perfect that you climbed this wall to the saddle! The summit section seems much easier than the part to the Kozia pass. We may go there together - I will be very happy if it we go. I must train my body strength, because I have no training or sport here in Prague, so I get weak. In valley of Zelene pleso I was exhausted sooner than I expected. That is a huge disadvantage, and may cause a fall.. anyway I'm happy that I will go to polish Tatras! Cheers Tomas :)

Ivona

Ivona - Feb 12, 2008 2:30 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Wonderful sciana :)

trail from north goes to Kozia Pass(this is narrow couloir) and then turns round on the other side (south)of Kozi Wierch.It is traverse in wall with chains and metal steps,rather exposed.Your back hangs over the 5 lakes valley:))
Trip to Zelone Pleso takes (as I remember) about 2,5 houres,so it can be exhausting :)))

Tomas Kristofory

Tomas Kristofory - Feb 13, 2008 5:04 am - Voted 10/10

Re: Wonderful sciana :)

OK, I understand why you decided not to go to the summit :) Shortest trail to Zelene pleso takes 3 hours (from Biela voda bus stop). I had a very heavy rucksack and I shortened the time by half hour (I came well after sunset, so I hurried), but the rest of weekend I was very weak... Maybe also because we had to sleep in snow caves and we dug until 02:00 and woke up at 6:30, so it wasn't enough of sleep. If you saw my last couple of pictures, you would know I was not only at Zelene pleso, but also climbed Medeny icefall in Velka zmrzla valley and during basic climbing course with the base on Zelene pleso. More photos will come! Cheers Tomas :)

Viewing: 1-5 of 5