Kriváň from SW

Kriváň from SW

Kriváň from SW. Date of the photo: 22nd december 2007
Tomas Kristofory
on Dec 22, 2007 3:46 pm
Image Type(s): Scenery,  Panorama
Image ID: 367062

Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-8 of 8
lcarreau

lcarreau - Jan 19, 2008 3:42 pm - Voted 10/10

Greetings from Arizona

Tomas ... this mountain looks like a
great one to climb! Regards to you and
your lovely girlfriend in the beautiful
land of Slovakia.
-Larry

Tomas Kristofory

Tomas Kristofory - Jan 19, 2008 5:03 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Greetings from Arizona

One does not have to be a good observer to see clearly, that Kriváň is my favourite mountain. This is not only my feeling. This is simply so remarkable summit that it's fate was to become the most loved, the most famous, emblazoned with plenty folk-tales and until the midst 19th century it was believed to be the highest summit in High Tatras. German entrepreneurs found gold in its slopes in 15th century and gave better paid job to many locals. In 19th century it was the goal of national ascents of fathers of slovak national rebirth movement. It brings us a very unique heritage until now, often misused and misunderstood. Kriváň brings hope to us. Spe salvi, facti sumus.

lcarreau

lcarreau - Jan 19, 2008 7:22 pm - Voted 10/10

I can see clearly

this is a beautiful mountain. The
"embodiment of hope" is when the sun
rises over the mountain, to begin the
next day. Thanks for the information, Tomas!

Tomas Kristofory

Tomas Kristofory - Jan 20, 2008 12:09 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: I can see clearly

Yes, I agree, when the day begins in mountains, it is a wonderful "embodiment of hope". And another info - I ascended it 9 times to the date, more than any other peak. Greetings to Arizona from Slovakia! Cheers Tomas :)

lcarreau

lcarreau - Feb 17, 2008 5:59 pm - Voted 10/10

Re: Tomas ?

You forgot to mention your beautiful girlfriend! Do you have photograph???
: - )))) !

Tomas Kristofory

Tomas Kristofory - Feb 23, 2008 2:23 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Tomas ?

My girlfriend is really beautiful. She is a member of summitpost, but I'm unsuccessful in persuading her to post more her photos (She was lifted to the Aiguille du Midi as a child). We have also some mountain plans for this summer. Cheers Tomas :)

lcarreau

lcarreau - Feb 23, 2008 8:51 pm - Voted 10/10

Re: Tomas ?

What is 'lifted to the Aiguille du Midi?'
Yes, this is great! I just received some bad
news that my sister-in-law died in Utah. She
died not on mountain, but inside her home.
God bless you & your girlfriend.

Tomas Kristofory

Tomas Kristofory - Feb 23, 2008 11:23 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Tomas ?

"Lifted to the Aiguille du Midi" means that there is a cable car to the summit of Aiguille du Midi (3842 m) and my girlfriend went there using that cable car with her father years ago. It's simple :) I'm sorry for the passing away of your relative. May she rest in peace. Unfortunately, no good news from High Tatras. A polish climber died after falling 150 meters in the north face of Malý Kežmarský štít. I had a basic climbing course there before a month... Thank you for your wishes and God bless you and all mountaineers all over the world.

Viewing: 1-8 of 8