Kupunkamint Mountain Additions and Corrections

Viewing: 1-6 of 6
Saintgrizzly

Saintgrizzly - Aug 5, 2009 6:45 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Blackfeet Permit

Thanks for the info! I'll add it immediately onto the page....

Interesting: I tried getting a permit in Columbia Falls, and the clerk did indeed think I wanted the fishing permit; they didn't sell the actual Conservation Permit, so I continued on to East Glacier Park, where it may be easily purchased at the Bear Track gas station/mini-mart on the way out of town (towards Browning).

FlatheadNative

FlatheadNative - Aug 12, 2009 10:22 am - Voted 10/10

Re: Blackfeet Permit

Is the permit good for the entire year (like the Tribal fishing license)?

Saintgrizzly

Saintgrizzly - Aug 12, 2009 12:10 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Blackfeet Permit

Yup. The permit runs from April 1st through the last day of March. (I've put that on the main page.)

FlatheadNative

FlatheadNative - Aug 12, 2009 3:11 pm - Voted 10/10

Re: Blackfeet Permit

Thanks Vernon!

distressbark

distressbark - Jun 29, 2011 10:23 pm - Voted 10/10

route variation - old trail!

On the way down from the summit ridge of Kupunkamint, we noticed a patchy series of meadows that appeared to lead towards the Cut Bank entrance road. We followed the meadows down, and to our surprise, eventually encontered the remnants of an old trail! It led directly out the Cut Bank Ranger Station. Not sure how far it can be followed or where it leads to, but it very well may provide a significantly shorter approach than the primitive reservation trail. I hope to return later this summer to investigate!

FlatheadNative

FlatheadNative - Jun 30, 2011 11:12 pm - Voted 10/10

Re: route variation - old trail!

There was an old horse trail that was used. It traveled from 2 med as well.

Viewing: 1-6 of 6
Return to 'Kupunkamint Mountain' main page