Viewing: 1-7 of 7
rgg

rgg - May 25, 2017 2:01 am - Voted 10/10

Nice one, Mark!

Both the write-up and the trip, I mean. Mind you, I'll stick to going around lakes, not straight through!

markhallam

markhallam - May 25, 2017 3:26 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Nice one, Mark!

Bless my soul Sir - you are supposed to be in Thailand setting about your foe in the international Draughts arena!
Kind of you to spare some time for my latest offering. But I have to differ on one small point: if you recall Alps International Expedition 2012 I thought (in keeping with the Moses type beard you were wearing at the time) that you were in the habit of walking on or even dividing the waters of Lac Blanc, on the way up Aiguille du Belvedere?
Best of luck in Thailand
Mark

rgg

rgg - May 25, 2017 11:51 pm - Voted 10/10

Re: Nice one, Mark!

It's 6 hours later here in Thailand than in the UK. I had already had breakfast when I saw your report appear. To acclimatize I've come a few days before the start of the tournament and therefore I've got plenty of time to read.
As for crossing Lac Blanc? The waters were already parted for us. Yes, I had a wild beard then, but didn't have to go biblical.

stoaX

stoaX - Jul 18, 2017 5:42 pm - Hasn't voted

crowds?

Great post - thanks! The pictures suggest to me, several thousands of miles away, that there weren't a lot of people on the trail. True? and is that because of the time of year?

markhallam

markhallam - Jul 19, 2017 12:27 am - Hasn't voted

Re: crowds?

Partly the time of year, but also because I set off very early in the morning before many were even out of bed - and also because although a fairly famous part of the Lakes, it is relatively remote (by English standards) and the masses tend to go to the easiest places to reach.

Simnel

Simnel - Jul 23, 2017 11:59 am - Voted 10/10

Excellent

That looks like a cracking day out...the Rake also offers a pretty good winter climb though I m not sure I would fancy the swim that time of year!

markhallam

markhallam - Jul 23, 2017 1:23 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Excellent

Thanks - and for the PM also.
Do sign the climbers log for Jacks Rake - linked under 'parents' of this page. Any comments you have on winter conditions would be good also. And thanks again for the images - quite a few of the Rake on SP in summer conditions, but you seem to be the only person with winter experience.
bw Mark

Viewing: 1-7 of 7
Return to 'Lakes 2017: The Langdales by triathlon' main page