Le Valtin

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 48.07170°N / 7.04570°E
Additional Information Route Type: Hike
Additional Information Time Required: Most of a day
Additional Information Difficulty: Walk-up
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview


This hike doesn't reach the summit of Le Tanet but discovers the high and lonely Meurthe Valley on the western side of the main chain of the Vosges.

Approach


Start point is Le Valtin.

1) Over Plainfaing
- From Nancy , N 59 to Saint Dié and N 415 to Plainfaing
- From Colmar over Bonhomme collar (N 415)
Le Valtin is 10 km from Plainfaing (D 23)

2) Over Le Collet
- From Gérardmer D 417 direction Schlucht collar. Le Collet is 2 km before the Schlucht
- From Colmar over Schlucht collar (D 417). Le Collet is 2 km after the collar.
Le Valtin is 6 km from Le Collet (D 23).

Start point of the hike is Le Talet between Le Valtin and Le Rudlin.


Route Description


Le Talet, circuit des Roches - Les Roches du Valtin - Le Rambach (Valtin) - La Rochatte (La Rochette) - La Basse Claude - Col de la Tête des Porcs - Chaume de Sérichamp - Col du Sifflet - La Ciregoutte - La Meurthe - Etang des Dames Le Rudlin - Ponts sur la Meurthe - L' Ermitage -Le Talet.

Cross the Talet bridge (729 m) over the Meurthe river and follow the road.
Take on the left the path of circuit des Roches (red triangles). From the Roches du Valtin, nice panorama over the meadows of Le Valtin. Continue in direction Le Valtin over Rambach (855 m).
Take right to Sérichamp (yellow triangles). Nice mountain farms in La Rochatte. Lead the road soon on the left.
You reach Basse Claude, the highest farms of Le Valtin (890 m). You have now to climb to the Chaume de Sérichamp. The summit, highest point of the hike is reached after the col de la Tête des Porcs (Hogs' head collar). Nice view over the Hohneck massif and the mountains of Gérardmer.
Continue on the path marked with red crosses on the south face of Sérichamp. You reach the Sifflet collar (1079 m) and Ciregoutte collar (882 m). Steep down, you arrive to the chapel of the Ladies'pond (Chapelle de l'Etang des Dames). Cross the bridge of Le Rudlin, conturn the pond in direction Le Valtin. Pass near the Ermitage farm (717 m), before you reach your start point at Le Talet.


Essential Gear


No gear is necessary


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

TanetRoutes