Leading the meandering pitch...

Leading the meandering pitch...

Leading the meandering pitch one of Munginella (June, 2003).
rpc
on Aug 4, 2003 11:47 pm
Image ID: 24458

Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-6 of 6
Craig Peer

Craig Peer - Mar 26, 2004 2:43 pm - Hasn't voted

I Still Love This Climb!

After all these years ( first climbed this as one of my first leads in 1976 ) I still love this route! Did it again in 2002 with some friends and it was just as enjoyable - my 12th time up it I think?

rpc

rpc - Mar 26, 2004 3:44 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: I Still Love This Climb!

Thanks for stopping by Craig.

Glad to have brought back some fond memories. We also enjoyed this climb very much (1st climb in Yosemite ever for us). One of the highlights was having a snake of some kind climbing next to me on the slab near the very top (well, let's say 20 feet blow and on the slab).

radek

Craig Peer

Craig Peer - Mar 26, 2004 5:40 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: I Still Love This Climb!

A snake on the start of pitch 3? Now that is a new one on me - yikes!

rpc

rpc - Mar 26, 2004 6:59 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: I Still Love This Climb!

I actually only saw it once I topped out and held off telling my wife about it until she was on the top as well. It was amazing - the snake was seeking out cracks and crevices on the surface of the slab and eventually topped out too. No idea what kind of snakes live in the Valley - this one seemed to be brightly colored and a few feet in legth.

rpc

rpc - Mar 30, 2004 12:34 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: I Still Love This Climb!

If I had to guess, I'd say it wasn't a rattler. I think it looked as though it had rings, I think this might be the snake I saw:



http://homepage.mac.com/forest/PhotoAlbum75.html



(go to "Yosemite 6/3" album and there's a photo of a snake similar to one I saw......sorry, don't know how to post a better link/insert photo here).

rhyang

rhyang - May 24, 2006 6:01 am - Voted 10/10

Re: I Still Love This Climb!

We saw one of these last weekend while walking to the base of El Cap to climb Pine Line. I believe this is a kind of king snake, specifically a mountain king snake. Pretty and harmless to humans.

Viewing: 1-6 of 6