Page Type Page Type: Mountain/Rock
Activities Activities: Hiking
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

This is one of the more illusive peaks to summit in Utah yet it always seems to be visible in the distance. Because it is surrounded on all sides by private lands, access is extremely difficult. With it's location close to Park City and all the communication towers on top, you would think this is an easy one.  

Lewis Peak Utah
Lewis Peak from Quarry Mountain
Lewis from Big Mountain
Lewis Peak from Big Mountain

Getting There

Many determined peakbaggers from around the west have found their way up this 2000+ prominence peak, some with disparaging stories to tell. The local sheriff has been called on climbers before. Surprisingly I had actual permission to do this one so it wasn't a stealth mission for me. In order to preserve access for those peakbaggers who are coming from long distances, I won't be giving out landowner info over the internet for this peak. The info is passed via climbing groups....get to know some of them. I no longer have the phone #s to the landowners so don't ask me.

Lewis Peak summit areaLewis Peak summit area routes
Biking up Lewis PeakBiking up Lewis Peak
Road walk Lewis Peak
Lewis Peak summit road
Ridge to Lewis Peak
Ridge leading up Lewis Peak

Red Tape

As said above, the entire mountain is private. Getting permission is wise.

External Links

 

Views

Echo Reservoir
Echo Reservoir
Lewis Peak summit
North from Lewis Peak
West from Lewis Peak
West from Lewis Peak
South from Lewis Peak
South from Lewis Peak



Children

Children

Children refers to the set of objects that logically fall under a given object. For example, the Aconcagua mountain page is a child of the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits.' The Aconcagua mountain itself has many routes, photos, and trip reports as children.

Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

Wasatch Range (North)Mountains & Rocks