Lone Mountain (NV)

Lone Mountain (NV)

Page Type Page Type: Album

True highpoint of the range

For many years, Nannies Peak was considered to be the highpoint of the Lone Mountain range. Then in 2013, Ken Jones and Andy Martin determined that Nannies wasn't the highest point on Lone Mountain, a spot about 600 feet north of Nannies Peak was. RayRay put up a great summitpost page based on what was considered to be the highest spot on the mountain but Ken and Andy's information changed things a bit. There is a register and benchmark located on Nannies peak and the topo map shows Nannie to be higher than the peak to the north but by using surveyor sights, both Ken and Andy determined that the topo was incorrect. The actual highest spot is about ten feet higher.

I'd recommend using the Nannies Peak summitpost page for "getting there" directions as Ray has put together great information and some nice maps. Just remember to include going to the point that is north of Nannies as bagging them both would be a great idea. A small register was placed by Andy Martin atop the high point and I'll include a picture of the original register page in this album. This album will be a work in progress and eventually I'll transfer it to a page for the mountain itself but for now, realize the changes that have occurred in recognizing this spot over the one known as Nannies Peak.

Lone Mountain is 124th on the prominence list

External Links

Nannies Peak summitpost page
Ken Jones peakbagger trip report with GPS track included
Lists of John map

Comments

No comments posted yet.



Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.