Thank you Borut, but I think the trip is to be postponed due to high avalanche risk.
From what (very little) I know of Wasatch snow
conditions, perhaps it'd be best for you to
"sit this one out ???"
I know! The attraction is irresistible, and
the anticipation very great !!!
But, avalanches scare the 'bee-Jesus' out of
I agree Larry. Last year the snow on that ridge was not very stable and I think it will be even less so tomorrow.
With the conditions out there right now, there is no way I'd get anywhere close to that slope. Thirty degree meadows are ripping out right now...
Great shot. I almost spit my drink out before I saw the date...I would have been shocked if that was this year.
:) Thanks for your input. As far as I know, no one is going, but things were left a little vague. I heard second hand that someone tried solo last Saturday (15 hours), but turned around because of avalanche danger.
Also, it's easy to be clairvoyant after the fact, (tracks in picture too close to edge) but on the way down, the 5th person to pass near that point triggered a cornice break and dropped about 6' straight down and then stopped.