Long Lake in the Sierras

Long Lake in the Sierras

View from Bishop Pass Trail, Sierras. Autumn 2004.
Anya Jingle
on Jan 26, 2007 3:16 am
Image Type(s): Scenery
Image ID: 264344

Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-6 of 6
Andrew Vargo

Andrew Vargo - Feb 1, 2007 4:24 am - Hasn't voted

Critique

Anya, I have been looking through all of your photos and they are quite impressive. I hope you don't mind me giving a little constructive criticism on this one. The image is great but what would make it even better is fixing the horizon. The lake looks like it is going to flow of the right side of the photo. Other than that your stuff is truly amazing.

Anya Jingle

Anya Jingle - Feb 1, 2007 5:30 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Critique

Thanks Andrew.
You are right, this image is a little crooked. I was hesitant wheather I should post this one, but I really liked the colors and serenity of the area.

I liked your photos also. Keep posting them.

donhaller3

donhaller3 - Apr 1, 2007 11:48 am - Voted 10/10

You can rotate

and crop with Photoshop or most other imaging packages to take care of problems like this. The problem is made very difficult in the mountains by all the confusing "false" verticals and horizontals that get thrown at your brain, particularly on the fly.

Anya Jingle

Anya Jingle - Apr 1, 2007 11:21 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: You can rotate

I appreciate your tips. I choose not to have Photoshop (or any other sophisticated photo programs) though on my computer.
I think the reason I got it crooked was because I had my dog on the leash and he was anxious to hike and pulling me ;)

donhaller3

donhaller3 - Apr 6, 2007 1:52 pm - Voted 10/10

Re: You can rotate

Yep, they can chew up time and memory. You do quite well without them.

Anya Jingle

Anya Jingle - Apr 6, 2007 3:30 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: You can rotate

Thank you :)

Viewing: 1-6 of 6