Long Ridge Comments

Viewing: 1-6 of 6
ericnoel

ericnoel - Jan 17, 2007 4:54 pm - Hasn't voted

Hmmm

I understand your intent here is good. But considering that the landowner recently busted a couple of trespassers [per the COHP group], it seems like now might be the time to step lightly. Even though you explicitly state not to trespass and use the prearranged method of visiting the COHP, I'm still not sure that posting a page about the property at this time is a great idea because the landowners might not exactly be thrilled about seeing a page on a popular website about their property [if that should happen]. Not trying to be overly critical but just something to think about.

Bob Burd

Bob Burd - Jan 17, 2007 5:58 pm - Hasn't voted

Another view

I'd like to offer a counter argument that it is a *good* idea. When I made my illegal visit (before the home was constructed), I didn't know there was a legal means to gain access. Had I known, I would have gone through Ranger Loro and not through stealth mode. As long as each site that describes this highpoint (CoHP, SP, etc) provides the correct info to gain legal access, I think there will be fewer violations, not more. There are still lots of copies of Suttle's book out there that don't mention the legal means, so the more this alternative is made available, the more it will get used.

McCannster

McCannster - Jan 18, 2007 1:10 am - Voted 10/10

Pics?

Any photos to share?

keema

keema - Jan 18, 2007 1:40 am - Hasn't voted

Agree with Bob

The more that people know about the legal way to get this highpoint, the better it will be for all to keep the access available.

There is a fence around the property now and a gate at the access point to the private property. The land owner is a very kind gentleman and doesn't mind the visits done legally with Loro, but very much doesn't want trespassers. We all had a nice conversation and he gladly took group pictures for us. Be sure to thank him if you go.

ericnoel

ericnoel - Jan 18, 2007 8:21 am - Hasn't voted

Access

The point about Suttle's book is a good one and it is certainly a worthwhile idea to try to spread the info that there is a legal way to access this one.

I still think that advertising any HP on a popular site is likely to increase traffic, both legit and stealth in addition to the effect of making people aware of the access arrangement. If more people were like Bob and would arrange access if it were available then I would agree; but I think a lot of people might not go to that trouble. Regardless, hopefully it works out for the best.

Dean

Dean - Feb 15, 2010 8:05 am - Hasn't voted

No access

Thanks to an illegal entry, even Loro cannot get people into the highpoint at this time. Read more about it here.

Viewing: 1-6 of 6
Return to 'Long Ridge' main page